I have less than a month until my venue locks in my wedding date. I have already put down the deposit BUT they allow you to change it within 30 days.
Please help if you have any advise or experience to share. Thank you in advance.
Here's a little back story.
I live in Edmonton, Alberta and my fiancé is from Toronto, Ontario. He moved, and we both now live in Alberta.
He has a LARGE family and I don't, so we decided to have our wedding in Ontario. We picked a venue in Vaughan.
Our summers in Edmonton is particularly dry. I love Edmonton summers and falls. Ontario on the other hand is way TOO HUMID for me. I would feel really uncomfortable having our wedding in the summer. I was thinking more of having our wedding during the fall season just to avoid most of the heat. Hoping it'll simmer down at this time.
The original date I wanted was October 22, 2022, but it was already booked. We were left with the option to pick the Saturday before (15th) or after (29th). The Venue Event Consultant also offered November 5th, since it is an attractive month for being priced less as it is considered off season. She mentioned that another couple was looking into it because of this reason. Of course I was in panic mode thinking that maybe it is a good idea to lock in this date.
I spoke to my fiancé and a few friends the live in Ontario. They all mentioned that its still a little chilly around this time but not bad. The leaves are still intact and its perfect for fall.
I'm not looking for an outdoor wedding ceremony or reception BUT, I was hoping to take nice photos outside with my bridal party and family. I don't want them to feel soo cold and feel like I didn't consider them when I selected this date.
Would anyone be able to share with me their thoughts about having outdoor wedding/bridal photos on the first Saturday of November? Will it be too cold? High chance of rain? Maybe snow?
My fiancé and a very few friends gave me their thoughts but I'm afraid they might just be tying to make me feel better so that I wont stress out. I'd rather have an honest opinion. I still have time to change the date so I want to take take the opportunity if I have to and ONLY if I have to.
Again, thanks in advance!