Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tasha
Curious April 2019 Alberta

Did anyone else end up changing their plans several times throughout the planning process?

Tasha, on August 26, 2018 at 21:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
We’ve gone from $2500 venue, 60 guests, and a catered dinner, to backyard wedding on dad’s acreage, 120 guests, and sandwich platters, to renting out a hall and cooking a bunch of turkeys, and now we’re back to the ceremony with 120 on dad’s acreage, and a small “reception” dinner in a restaurant afterwards with immediate family and wedding party only.
Ugh. We just can’t seem to settle in anything that we’re both comfortable with, and willing to plan/pay for!
has anyone else been super indecisive? Did things work out in the end for you?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on October 24, 2018 at 14:19
  • Shannon
    Beginner October 2019 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged last year and are still undecided on what we'd like to do. We've changed our minds about 50 times! Girl, you are not alone trust me haha. Wishing you luck on finding the perfect fit for you and your fiancé!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My planning has been everywhere and changed about 50 times, so you're not the only one! Our venue got larger, our centerpieces changed, our wedding party turned into just us and a BM and MOH. And now with my current mood, I wish I could just elope and scrap it all lol. Of course I'm not going to elope (deposits are very expensive), but I constantly change my mind with things.

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I flip flopped on EVERYTHING. I drove myself absolutley mental and i was so overwhelmed right before the wedding.

Then my mom had to sit me down and tell me i needed to figure this out ASAP because the date was quickly approaching.

I don't even have any great advice. I just knew i had to get my poop in a group or else i'd be crying haha.

Whatever you do, choose something that isn't going to stress you out the whole time. It's really a day to celebrate love between yourself and husband. It doesn't have to be a massive, expensive, stressful event. Have fun, girl!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our plans changed from the start before booking the venue. The original number was 107 and decided to cut down to 75 to 80 max. During the process, we did incur a few changes of the wedding party since 2 of my cousins couldn't make it and ordered extra flower baskets. Overall, the plan stayed the same and didn't change besides that one part.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm usually indecisive, but once I have decided something/booked it (i.e. dress, colours, venue, etc), I put blinders on to deter myself from backing out! Fore example, once I decided on my dress, I deleted all photos of other dresses so I wouldn't be tempted to look at something else and think: Should I have gone with that?

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I fortunately (unfortunately?) have been mentally planning my wedding for yeeeears before we were engaged, haha. So I had gone through the ups and downs of "destination", no! Summer!, no! Fall in a Vineyard, No! Arizona at Christmas! No! Go super cheap in a community hall.... Nooooo...

However, once we got engaged, I was able to really look at what's important to us, and we went from there. Once we got our budget set, I knew what we could spend on a venue, what size our guest list could be, and what time of year we wanted.

I am literally a trained event planner, and I've taken wedding planning courses... and I still found it overwhelming to plan all the details and settle on one vision for the wedding. It will definitely all turn out great! Just make sure if you make a decision, and you feel in your gut you'll regret it, don't go through with it. Don't make big changes for others, make sure it's about you and your fiance!!

Good luck!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My biggest down fall is being an indecisive person! When he first proposed, we were doing a destination wedding because we both like travelling. We had narrowed it down to a resort, and were working on getting questions from the family to take to our travel agent. The day before we were to meet with the travel agent I changed my mind, and couldn't get married without my Grandma being there. So we are now having a local ceremony and reception that she will be able to attend and enjoy.

I was also very indecisive about my dress, and colours for the wedding. I had far too many things pinned on Pinterest. I had to go through everything and narrow it down before I could really focus.

I found that booking things, and deleting many inspirations made it easier for me to make up my mind, and I had to stop looking at other options.

It also didn't help that we have had 4 weddings this year, and a few bridal showers, so I was constantly comparing what I was doing to everyone else which made me second guess things. I don't want my wedding to be the same as everyone else, so it changes things constantly when you show up to a wedding and they are doing what you want.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were in the exact same spot. Just cannot decide how to do it. I'm really cheap and don't like big crowds/fuss. But then we think it still needs to be wedding-y. Ugh.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't really change our minds that much but at the same time we decided that for the venue there are different things that you can prioritize and went from there. (Cost, Max amount of guests, need for separate venue for photos, food included or not, type of food, etc.)

We decided that the most important aspect was that we were able to have our full guest list at 250 people which ruled out a lot of options, then we knew we would like outside catering and not a package deal (those tend to be more money anyway). From there we only had a couple options left and chose the one that best suited us as a couple. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics