Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

Details card in the invitation

Hailey, on November 7, 2021 at 21:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Hi all I am slowly getting back on the planning train after I've felt super overwhelmed.

I am trying to figure out if my invitation needs a details card... If I do what would go on it? Right now I have the reception location.

Do I need to put its country theme so wear your best dressed jeans/cowboy boots?

We have also decided as my fiance and I don't drink we are doing limited number of drinks only buying about 2 drinks for people and a red/white wine for each table.

If guests want to drink more its BYOB and they can bring their own hard alcohol.

I am just having a hard time wording that together along if anyone can help me?

thank you in advance!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 15, 2021 at 13:47
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding information can be put on for details as it can say Reception followed after since its the same venue. The location/address/website information be put on as well. As an option, Dress Code can be said as Country Casual/Country Formal to what is your theme. This can help to let your guests know what to wear for the ceremony and reception. If it helps, the information your wondering can be seen on the invitation created as I had done:

Details card in the invitation 1

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Hailey,
    If you’re using your website — I believe creating a blog and notifying them to check for updates would work for certain information regarding the wedding.

In regards to the clothing theme, I would add that to the invitation or detailed invite.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have to tell your guests about your beverage situation. You can use the details card if you aren't using a website to take RSVPs or communicating information.

The invite itself should be designed in a way that suggests the formality of the event, and you can certainly list a dress code inside to further clarify that it's a more casual affair where jeans and cowboy boots are appropriate.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Traditionally, the dress code does go on the invitation - I would put it at the bottom, small, but some might tell you to put it on the website. Just on your website (if you have one), not everyone will see it. So do both. I'd put it small on the bottom. For example ours had "Dinner and reception to follow" or something and underneath "Black-tie optional". Then again on our website and we explained what that meant.

The drinks information I'd include on your website only. Unless you aren't doing one...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics