Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melanie
Newbie July 2018 Ontario

Destination wedding + reception invites

Melanie, on August 24, 2017 at 09:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3

Folks, I need some help. I'm getting married in Jamaica and invited parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and closest friends. They received this invite via e-mail. Now it's time to make the official invitation, which must include the reception details (that's happening at a later date). How the heck do I do that?! What information do I need to have on my main invitation and what should I include in the envelope for guests? I'd like to send it all together in one envelope.
Also, how does one politely say either no children, or no children under 16 ?

Wedding: July 16, 2018 (trip is from July 11-18)
Reception: August 4, 2018 (no dinner, just the dancing and hydration)

If anyone has examples I can follow, please don't hesitate to send them my way.

Thank you VERY much for your help and your time.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 10:01
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Contact your venue to see what information you require such as room rates, couples names for reservations, website, phone number, Twitter, facebook and other information you may want to know it was a card sent to you.
  • Melanie
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome. Thank you, Joey.

I did create a website to try to ease the amount of information on the invite itself, so I'll just refer people to that on the RSVP and such.

I will check out the links you sent, however. Thank you for those.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, a wedding in Jamaica sounds amazing!

As for what goes on/in the invitation, some of that depends on whether you have a wedding website or not, because some of the information like hotel options and transportation can go on your website and be left out of the invitation suite.

Here is an article to help you decide what you might need to include (and why)

Here is one about everything that HAS to go on your invitations

As far as excluding children, you do this by specifying who IS invited, so you don't have to say who is NOT invited. Address the envelope to the people who you are inviting, like "Mr & Mrs Lastname", or "Tom and Jerry Lastname", rather than "The Lastnames". You can also put on your RSVP card "Two seats have been reserved in your honour" or "___ out of 2 guests attending" and leave the blank for them to write in whether none, one, or both of them are coming.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics