Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Destination wedding planners - how did you choose your destination

Joey, on April 26, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3

What made you choose your wedding destination? Is it a place you and your partner love to vacation? Was it where you first fell in love, or where your proposal happened? It is somewhere you've never been but feel drawn to?

How did you choose your location for your destination wedding?

Destination wedding planners - how did you choose your destination 1

Destination wedding planners - how did you choose your destination 2

Photos from Sterling and Candice's gorgeous Bora Bora destination wedding

3 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on April 26, 2019 at 11:05
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose Cozumel because it has such a large part of our hearts. Our first vacation together was there with his family for Christmas, and we have gone pretty much every year since.

It is also where he proposed, at the most beautiful lighthouse (I am OBSESSED with lighthouses). It was an easy choice deciding to get married on the island.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose Punta Cana for our wedding mostly due to cost efficiency for our guests, and the positive feedback we heard about food and beaches. We were open to other countries/cities but we fell in love with the modern resort our travel agent proposed!
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a destination vow renewal in Hawaii. My fiance has always dreamed of getting married there and has actually refused to vacation there in the past if the person wasn't "the one". She has never been but I have and it's beautiful so of course I was on board with this. We were going to have our whole wedding there but thought the planning would take too long and we wouldn't be getting married until 2020 and didn't want to wait that long. So we're having a small local wedding in June and then running off to Hawaii in the fall to have a honeymoon and wedding number 2!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics