Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mandy
Curious May 2024 Alberta

Destination wedding favors - something that won’t be forgotten

Mandy, on June 25, 2021 at 21:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Ok… so FH and I are the best of friends. We’re always laughing, always goofing around - around everyone and behind closed doors. He’s funny as heck, I’m funny as heck and we LOVE to travel. Hence the destination wedding In our favourite destination - Jamaica.
We’re both “halfrican” I call it. Well he more than I because he’s also partially Jamaican. So, we cook a lot of Caribbean food, eat a ton of seafood and loooots of curry.
My question is this… wedding favors tend to be forgotten. Put away as memorabilia, shoved in a drawer or in a cabinet etc.etc. Never touched until it’s time to move or spring cleaned and tossed because it’s fubar’ed from all the dust. What would guests think of hot sauce as a wedding favor. What would YOU think? Specifically scotch bonnet because it’s our fave and everyone going are picante themselves! Thoughts? Pic in comments, just envision the tag or sticker with our wedding deets on it. Of course FH says his picture should be on the face for advertising 🤣 Thanks all! Destination wedding favors - something that won’t be forgotten 1
Destination wedding favors - something that won’t be forgotten 2

16 Comments

Latest activity by Darlene, on July 14, 2021 at 14:43
  • Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s a great idea! My FH and I are doing a cookie bar because we are huge cookie fans. Everyone has the choice to take home a cookie in a paper sleeve that has our wedding deets on it.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ohhhhhhh I love that idea Mandy!! I’m from the Caribbean as well. Pepper sauce or spice mix sounds good. Especially not only that spice mix last long but that it embodies the mixture with you two and the spices of your relationship.

And the fact he said his photo on the bottle. Haha!

Let us know how it turns out!!!! I’ll love to see!!
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! I thought so too🥰
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes oh my gosh yesss!!! We eat soooo much curry and spice also as does most of our family so I’m totally thinking this would be perfect. I haven’t seen anything like it yet! Also we would do the smaller travel sized bottles for sure they’re so darn cute i
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amanda!! I’m thinking so as well 🤞 just need to figure out how I’ll package them 😂
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh yessss 🙏🏽 thank youuu!!!! I’m totally in love with this idea literally
  • Dreefy & Justin
    Beginner August 2021 Alberta
    Dreefy & Justin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absofreakinglutely PERFECT. Wedding favours should be something reflective of you as a couple.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that these wedding favors would be a great idea!

• Christina
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this idea! My fiancée and I are of Nigerian & Jamaican descent and can’t get enough spice. If we were doing wedding favours this would definitely be top of the list. Something to think about is if you prefer large bottles or travel size. I think the smaller bottles may be less waste (if a few guests aren’t into spicy) and less cost. Best of luck!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s such a fun idea!
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lmfao yussssss everyone is Caribbean speaking it was a toss up between hot sauce and mini bottles of liquor which we wound up settling on with a custom label everyone take a shot together and fill the bottle with sand from the beach maybe ? With a custom label ?
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my goodness this is so cute!!!!!
  • Katie
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

An idea i got from someone else that i will use for my Mexico wedding are wish bracelets. They sound cheesy, but a friend of mine did them for her Dominican wedding and she said the guests LOVED them. They all put them on at the reception and she said she was still getting messages from people a couple weeks after the wedding telling her theirs finally broke! You can get them from etsy or make your own!

Destination wedding favors - something that won’t be forgotten 3

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m all about edible favours. As long as it’s something that people will use and won’t go to waste I think it’s a great idea! I’d be stoked to get hot sauce at a wedding 😆
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Heyyyy now that’s a friggen wicked idea!! Thanks!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Another idea in the same vein would be a spice mix. Because they're dried, they keep longer after opening than a bottle of liquid sauce.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics