Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2019 Alberta

Destination Wedding Cuba or Dominican?

Brandi, on April 11, 2018 at 08:33 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
My fiance and I are looking at having a destination wedding but can't decide where. We have heard good things about both places ie. cuba the beaches are better and Dominican has better food. I am looking for some advise. Currently looking at Be live Hamaca Garden but not sold on it as the reviews I've read are mostly bad. I am looking for some advise on where I should be looking at where neither of us has been out of North America.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on April 12, 2018 at 22:32
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awful. I’ve never heard of that happening but it doesn’t surprise me. The sandy beach is a big toilet to animals lol.
  • Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im not sure exactly what the resort was called but it was a 5 star resort
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no! Where was your friend staying? I've never heard of such a thing.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ive been to both countries (just on vacations) and personally prefer Cuba 100% -the beaches are unbeatable and I find the staff are much friendlier. Cuba also doesnt have the drug problem on the beaches that Dominican does.
    Wedding consideration wise: a friend of mine just got back from a Dominican wedding where they were all standing around a bonfire on the beach and when they got back they all had worms in their feet. Her doctor told her it was due to cat feces on the shady beaches. It took her and her friends almost a month of antibiotics to get rid of the worms.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have only been to Cuba and not Dominican Republic, but I did enjoy it. It really does depend on the resort though, as I have been three times and twice was fantastic, but the first resort was not all the greatest. Definitely do your homework and read those reviews. Mexico is pretty cheap if you don't go to the Mayan Riviera, have you looked into Cancun? I've heard great things about all the resorts in Mexico my family have been to.

• B
    Brandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you remember what the resort was called?
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a destination wedding in the Dominican a couple of years ago in November. It was great. The one I attended used the church on the resort and their reception hall. They used one of the a la Carte restaurants for the rehearsal dinner. While there I saw another couple on the beach getting married and reception at one of the a la Carte restaurants, and even the bar. Later saw them at the dance club (all at the resort). I enjoyed it. The food was good and there were many options to choose from. Tbh if I could get the time off work, I would've done my wedding there too.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What's your budget per person and how long do you want to go?

I honestly haven't enjoyed Cuba as much as I have DR, but the price we paid was significantly different so that plays a role in the quality of the resort.

• B
    Brandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't gone to anyplace like that before. And Mexico is a little expensive for the rest of our family to pay as they are coming from down east
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you been to either locations? Personally I wasn’t a fan of Cuba when I went there on a vacation. Have you limited to those choices or would you be open to possibly Mexico? I’ve heard nothing but good things about Mexico. Smiley smile

goodluck!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics