Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Newbie July 2021 Ontario

Destination Wedding 2022

Fiona, on June 14, 2021 at 16:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 7

Engaged in Sept/2019 & started planning in March/2020 for July/2021 just as COVID hit, we haven't planned since as there is so much uncertainty We're glad that we didn't commit to anything as I can't imagine postponing multiple times & having your money stuck in deposits with your vendors!

With vaccinations ramping up its looking like most of Canada will be vaccinated by Sept/2021. With so many wedding postponed from 2020 to 2021 & now to even 2022 we've heard that 2022 is super booked up & vendors are charging higher rates etc.

As a result we are leaning towards doing a destination wedding in Punta Cana, Jamaica or Mexico. This will allow us to keep it small (thinking about 25-50 ppl) & simplify things! Starting to look into it now...

What are your thoughts on a destination wedding in 2022? Anyone planning the same?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on June 20, 2021 at 11:04
  • Chelsea
    Newbie December 2022 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How did everyone even start planning a destination wedding? I'm struggling hard!!! What does the destination wedding typically include? What was everyone's must have upgrades? And most importantly where did everyone go? Recommendations for hotels/ destinations and what was the typical cost?? Thanks in advance Smiley heart

• Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Negril has the warmest beach water that we’ve seen so far and we’ve been all over. They got married in Montego Bay, cost included flights for them and a few family members. I’m not sure the resort as we met in Jamaica after their wedding 😂 now we’re all best friends and they live in Calgary were in Edmonton. The cost also included liquor, photographer, upgraded to have a dace floor, bouquets and other florals and upgraded dinner plates. They upped the photography package to get more than 50 pictures. And sorry I was rereading her message it was 25-30k not 40 😳 lol sorryyy.
    They also booked through sunwing which is usually who we book through going there anyway they have a number of package options. Hopefully this helps a bit.
    And as far as vaccinations 🤷‍♀️ I guess we’ll see what happens.. they are now incentivizing the vaccine lol 😑
  • F
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Fiona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, we went to Negril in 2019 & loved it! Wow 40k! Was expecting to spend less than that! Did that include their travel costs or strictly wedding? Do you know which resort? I'm in Canada & 99.9% of people I know are already vaccinated with the 1st shot at least, so don't see that as an issue. Yeah I'm sure you'll be fine in 2025! Wish I could wait till then!

• F
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Fiona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most of our guests would be family & alot of them want us to do a destination in the Caribbean! Plus after COVID im sure everyone is looking to go somewhere

• Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We too are planning a Jamaican wedding. It’s rated one of the top destinations, my fiancé and I have been a number of times and our great friends got married there. With 40 guests and upgrades it cost them almost 40K. Just to give you an idea. Our concern is with vaccination though and who will be allowed to fly without it. 🤔 tons to think about. Our wedding is in 2025 so it’s a few years away, I’m sure (hoping) things will change by then also 🤞
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you willing to go a non-all-inclusive route in a major city instead of a resort? It could end up being cheaper for both yourselves and the guests, and they won't feel like they're stuck on the resort (though if we're going to be stuck somewhere, a beach is not that bad).

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Fiona! 👋🏾
    I cannot imagine the delay of your wedding and plans. Sorry that you’re going through that.

I like the idea of destination wedding. My fiancé and I were thinking of it to go to SA, but my family were not really about it due to me not having other family members here. I would say go for it. I think Punta Cana would be nice.
    What are your pros and cons? And what’s your preference order for those three places?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics