Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelli
Frequent user September 2024 Alberta

Destination Wedding!

Kelli, on July 17, 2023 at 18:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Hi all,
me and my fiancé recently have stumbled upon the idea of a destination wedding and fallen in love with it. If anyone has had a past destination wedding and can recommend resort/ venue suggestions or anything else. Restaurants, certain beautiful areas. (We’re planning on sticking to mexico, Dominican republic, or costa rica ) Anything wedding at all please comment. We are thinking of doing an all inclusive resort/ wedding package if that helps.
Thank you!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on May 20, 2024 at 09:31
  • Katherine
    Newbie April 2025 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can i ask what resort in Cuba?

• Stephanie
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am getting married Feb 2024, and we're having it in Cuba. Much cheaper, and our guest list is pretty small.
    I found a destination wedding travel agent at a bridal show, and every detail is handled by her via email and phone calls.
  • Kelli
    Frequent user September 2024 Alberta
    Kelli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so so much, deeply appreciated. I will definitely look into the Grand sunset Princess and keep that in mind.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is definitely a great option to choose. But I can say when I looked into it, the prices can definitely add up.

Be careful for places that says the wedding is free and that the more people who come the more upgrades you can get for free. What happens with this is that usually the cost for staying is extremely expensive.

In Mexico - resorts like the Moon Palace, Occidental, Secrets, etc. The place for a week stay (which is the majority of what people choose to stay for) costs $2000 and up which can be a bit costly. A great resort that I almost got married at and is currently planning for my best friend is the Grand Sunset Princess.

Not too expensive for the stay (November is the cheapest month to go for a week) - I recently looked and it is about $1600 for 7 days. For 50 people and including the beach wedding, outdoor reception with the string lights, DJ, dance floor, LOVE light up large letters, centerpieces, flowers for the wedding party and more, it came up to $6600 roughly in USD so about $8700 CAD.

Haven't had anyone get married in the DR but my co-worker got married in Costa Rica and for 60 people it was pretty expensive for a destination wedding and again - the stay is pricier than Mexico.

I would bring an extra suitcase (or pack lightly) and bring as much stuff as you can for DIY or what you can buy for wedding décor here and there, you will save a ton of money. Things like a guestbook, welcome sign, etc.

Hopefully this helps Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics