Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashleigh
Curious May 2018 New Brunswick

Destination wedding

Ashleigh, on May 17, 2017 at 16:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hey guys! I am planning a destination wedding to Mexico and have no clue on what to do for a photographer. I have contacted a few photographers here in NB about shooting a destination wedding but from what I've gathered it's quite costly on their part to travel (visa's, insurance, taxes etc.)I had planned to pay for travel but I'm not sure if the rest will send me over budget. Does anyone have any suggestions or past experiences??!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Lolihon, on June 6, 2018 at 03:18
  • S
    Beginner November 2017 British Columbia
    Shelley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also having a destination wedding in Mexico. We've decided to go with the resort's photographer. I plan to ask one of the guests to also take photos with a good camera as a back up. It does feel a bit risky.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You probably already thought of this but because you are travelling to Mexico you aren't really restricted to NB photographers. I would find some photographers that advertise doing destination weddings and ask them for a quote. If they do them on a regular basis they likely already have visas and insurance. I would be worried about language difficulties with a local photographer depending on how good your Spanish is.

• M
    Ontario
    Monika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! From my experience, the wedding photographers recommended by the hotel are not the best. Remember that you cannot repeat your Big Day so it is really worth it to book a photographer who's style you like and who you can trust. Very often, I heard horror stories that brides weren't getting the images for months. It is good to do a research and make sure that your day will be captured as best as possible. Good luck! Smiley smile

• Crystal
    Newbie January 2018 Ontario
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning my wedding to be in Mexico as well, & from what my travel agent has told me you will get a wedding coordinator when you get there & they can book a photographer for you.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are any of your guests good at photography? If so, maybe ask if they'd be willing to take pictures.
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could get in contact with the hotel in Mexico. Most hotels have wedding photography packages and wedding planners on site. That willl probably be your best option.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics