Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner July 2021 Alberta

Destination wedding

Fhybe, on January 5, 2019 at 22:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
I need advice about destination wedding. We leave in Canada but I have relatives back in the Philippines so we're considering this option but I'm not sure if this is a good choice or not. I have to pay for their transportations and accomodation since we want to do a beach wedding if we do it there. And this also means asking our family and friends here to travel there for the wedding. Any advice? Has anyone done this before?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on January 6, 2019 at 16:44
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well congrats on the engagement!!

I agree with Tyanna.

What is the head count for people here in Canada versus people in the Philippines? Whichever one has more I would have the wedding there.

Then like she suggested have a second reception (if you can afford one) in the other country - you could always do a mock ceremony if you think that those guests would appreciate it Smiley smile

The one thing I want to make sure you understand is that you are NO WAY in charge of paying for accommodations and/or travel for any guests at all!!! That is something that they pay for!! If they can make it - great! If not - sucks, but oh well!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Fhaye,

You're wondering about having your wedding in the Philippines, right? How many relatives do you have in the Philippines vs how many people would be coming from here? Destination weddings are a great option for a lot of people who dont want a large wedding, as many people can't make a "vacation" happen die to cost, time, etc. It's also not customary (that I've heard of) for the bride and groom to have to pay for accommodation/travel at a destination wedding.

Have you considered the option of getting married here, but then going down to the Philippines for a second reception and celebrating with your family there? (Or vice versa). I think that could be a great option!

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to WW! Smiley smile
  • F
    Beginner July 2021 Alberta
    Fhybe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We Live*** in Canada

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics