Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Andrea
Devoted January 2021 Ontario

Destination Wedding?

Andrea, on December 29, 2018 at 13:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Hi there, is anyone getting married outside of Canada, going to the Caribbean, e.g Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, etc. What is the process of getting married outside of Canada? Who do I have to contact? Much help is appreciated! FH and I are considering leaving Ontario and having a wedding destination and it seems like the process is a lot different when leaving the country. Would love some info!!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Maria, on March 7, 2024 at 05:01
  • Bianca
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having a destination wedding in Mexico in July. Depends on how you want to plan. I'm personally a travel agent so I'm planning everything myself I contacted the tour operator directly who gives you a group rate for the all inclusive resort, the wedding planning I'm doing directly with the hotel who does everything through email. If you're planning a destination wedding I would recommend to do this through a travel agent who specializes in weddings as they will take care of everything. If you're getting married in a country who's first language is not English keep in mind you will have to get the marriage documents translated which costs money. (I'm getting married here legally and using the wedding there as my wedding ceremony). If you get married in Jamaica there's no translation fee on the documents
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friends did a cruise destination wedding. with the wedding in Jamaica. and I don't remember the whole process. but they said it was super easy. and that Jamaica is one of the easiest countries in terms of getting married there and coming home to Canada.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know some countries are a little odd in that they make you do a blood test to ensure you and your s/o are not blood related, and you have to bring a copy of the results with you.

hopefully whichever resort coordinator you use can fill you in all the necessary requirements!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were a couple days away from booking a destination wedding so I’ve got a little bit of information but not much!
    We started working with our travel agent to find resorts that were family friendly, had a good place to get married and wedding options.
    From there my travel agent contacted the wedding cordinator at the resort and we were sent wedding packages and options.
    After switching to have a local wedding the process is the same, except you are mostly communicating over email with the planner at the resort instead of by phone. There are also limited options for vendors.
    My biggest suggestion is search Facebook and see if there is a group for weddings at the resort. This gives you a ton of help for planning from a distance, what they did, what is worth spending money on etc!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics