Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christina
Frequent user August 2023 Ontario

Destination wedding

Christina, on February 12, 2018 at 22:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Well the fh and I have talked and now I think we have changed our minds and want to go away for our wedding. Then when we come back having a big party with all the family and friends. So we are thinking Cuba or mexico and get married with who ever shows up we are totally fine with just the two of us and our daughter. But I'm curious if anyone is planning or has done a destination wedding ? If so did you do favours and bring them with you? Also how did it work ?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Lydia, on February 13, 2018 at 00:25
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also, on your topic tho (sorry for stealing it away a bit with my question and stuff) maybe it's a handy idea to get a planner over there where you guys wanna have your wedding? Then they'd be able to arrange things over there more. Also if you want for example favours and if you want to get them online, you can most likely let them ship to your hotel so that it's already there and you don't have to worry about that
  • Lydia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally agree with her too, but I'm in a similar situation with people needing to travel really far to get to our wedding. And I am expecting that for them it wouldn't be common knowledge that they don't need to bring any gift, so I was wondering if she had a certain wording in her invitations that made it clear that it's already enough of a gift that her guests will be there Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with Tradingabyss that if someone is having a destination wedding and invites you, gifts are NOT expected. The gift is you showing up. I would assume that it is pretty common-knowledge surrounding a destination wedding.
  • Lydia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you word on your wedding destination that they didn't need to bring gifts? And if you did how did you word that?
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been to a destination wedding and they had sunglasses and cloth bags with their names on them as favours. We didn’t get a gift though I was told that people don’t give gifts at destination weddings as you’ve already paid a lot to attend

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics