Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate-Lynn
Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba

Dessert and cupcakes?

Kate-Lynn, on March 12, 2022 at 16:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Our venue provides a plated dessert as part of our package. We are on the fence about also getting cupcakes. Is it too much? Will there be lots of leftovers if you do both? We are having about 130 people.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on March 20, 2022 at 19:28
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue is providing an assortment of desserts but we are also providing cupcakes for each table. My fiancee found a local cake decorator who makes amazing floral cupcakes. Which will, of course, be in our wedding colors!
  • Bel
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Bel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing donuts and the caterer is fresh fruit. We are also doing little bags for guests to bring home donuts.

• Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue also provides a small dessert but we're also doing donuts and providing "doggy bags" for them to take them home with them! The bags are going to have a picture of our dog on them Smiley smile

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning on 90 guests and having cupcakes as the "wedding cake" for our guests as well and have a 60/40 split between full size and mini cupcakes for those who may have only wanted "a taste"

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting cupcakes as well as our dessert but I bought some cupcakes carry out boxes just in case.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and i's dinner also comes with mini desserts but we are also getting our wedding cake. If we have left over cake. Oh well more cake for us!
    If you want cupcakes as well as part of your wedding go for it!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It may be much if you do order more than needed even with the plated dessert. You can have cupcakes served with the plated dessert as an option if that helps mini size than the regular.

In the case of a 3 tier cake with assorted pastries for 72 guests came out to be perfect without the top tier touched. The servings per person along with the plated dessert was enough. I had made sure to order less than the guest list count given some don't like sweets.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had plated dessert and a 3 tier cake for only 49 people 😂 we had just enough leftovers to enjoy the next day and freeze for our one year anniversary. You may not have many leftovers at all especially if cupcakes are left out throughout the evening for guests to grab.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics