Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie September 2023 Ontario

Deposits

Jessica, on September 27, 2021 at 11:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
How much did you put down for deposits, for florists, DJs, officiants photographers etc. I would to like get an idea of how much I have to pay up front. I know many with be different but ball park would be lovely.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Sharlene, on October 4, 2021 at 12:46
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Setting aside specific time for first look photos.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vendors deposits can vary on how much they take the payments. Photographers and videographers may do half and half upon signing and delivering the final results/the day of the wedding or in 3 depending how they set it up. Florists and cake would be 50% upfront and before delivery. Officiants are usually the day of the wedding.

The way I made payments was about 25% for the videographer and photographer since they worked with me to have amounts paid when possible during the time. Decor rental was 50% upfront as the rest was paid a week beforehand of the day. Cake was paid full the week of the wedding. The biggest being the venue was broken into 4 parts of dates to pay certain amounts and the final after the wedding itself.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venues will differ wildly depending on whether you're using their caterer but typically most offer installment plans that's something like 30% upfront, 30% a few months later, and final 40% the week of the event. Our venue only held $2000 upfront for us and not anymore due to covid so we were able to pivot and make plans based on what the government allowed. We paid what's owed based on our head count two weeks before the event and anything outstanding that we added during the event, it was paid the week after.

Coordinators usually ask for 20%-50% upfront and the rest on the day of.

Photographers and videographers asked for 30% then full payment on day of wedding. Some might do further installments like 30% upfront, 50% day of, and the remaining 20% upon delivery of photos.

Florists usually quote you based on what you want and ask for 50% upfront and remaining 50% upon delivery on the day of.

Most DJs ask for 50% upfront and 50% day of.

Our hair and makeup asked for 20% upfront but I've seen some go up to 50% upfront.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venue: the venue fee was the deposit but it went towards the total payment. It was about 25% but only after we could only have 50 guests so originally was maybe 10%. Florist: nothing. Photography & live stream: 50%. DJ was part of our package from our venue so I think some of that fee went to them. If you do a mobile makeup and hair stylist they usually require 50% too.
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue is no longer taking deposits due to COVID. They just took a credit card #. Our florist we are paying in full and our photography took a 50% deposit. Everywhere is different.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My venue wanted $180 which was about 50% of our total rental cost.
    Our photographer wanted $100 which is like 8%.
    Our cater asked for 25%The florist, makeup artist and baker we have contacted all wanted 25% of the total quote.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every vendor is different some want 25%, 40% or even 50% down. It will say in your contract when you sign with them

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics