Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Delayed honeymoon, or right away?

Lynnie, on November 15, 2017 at 10:05 Posted in Honeymoon 0 20

When are you going on your honeymoon?

Are you leaving the day after your wedding, giving yourselves a few days off, or delaying the honeymoon for a better time?

Delayed honeymoon, or right away? 1

Photo from Destination Weddings and Honeymoons By AJ in Mississauga

For honeymoon tips and ideas, check out: How to Decide On Your Honeymoon Destination , 6 Things You Shouldn't Bring on Your Honeymoon , and Honeymoon or Minimoon?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Surina, on January 17, 2018 at 23:36
  • Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are taking a couple days to relax. buying a house so the honeymoon can wait...lol

• Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably not going to delay more than a month. My FH has some doubts due to financial reasons, but I feel like it's important to ride the buzz! I want to go Hawaii, but I think that's stressing the Mr out (again financially), but I think we'll be fine. So I am a bit upset, sigh!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance will be a fresh University graduate, so depending on if he gets a job right away or not. If he does then we will have to delay but if he doesn't then I think we will be going right away.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Delayed to our choice of timing. Will happen after new years
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are delaying! Not sure how long though! We have a second reception in another province the week after and then we hope to start having kids right after the wedding (but we want to make sure we don't pick up any diseases or illnesses that would effect us). I don't know if it's totally valid but we really would prefer to be safe rather than sorry.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to delay.

We're really lucky and are getting free accommodations in the South of France. The wedding is November, but it will still be cold in France then. I want lots of beach time, so we're going to do April/May! That way its off season so not crazy expensive to fly there, but we will still get beach weather.

• Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am a teacher so after our New Years Eve wedding we will have to wait until Spring Break to go on our honeymoon. I would love to ride the wedding buzz and go relax on the beach right away, but financially I'm kind of glad that we have to wait for a few months lol!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are waiting almost a month before going on our honeymoon that way I could get paid out at work and not have to come back with no money waiting for me.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went right away. We wanted the full wedding and honeymoon all at once experience. Plus, we hadn't been on a vacation in a few years and really wanted to get away, lol

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose delayed. We are going this winter and got married in September.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Delayed due to new job starting right before the wedding. We'll likely escape the winter weather as our honeymoon.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unfortunately, we have to wait due to work. Will probably go in October or so, since we will have some days off.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our plan was to go right after. But, with my fiance's car dying, it might be a little more realistic to go in the winter.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Delayed! We will be getting married in july 7th but will be waiting until sept/oct to take our honeymoon. Easier to get the time off work and cheaper flights after the summer busy season.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided not to do one. We just bought a new house this year. We redid the inside and next summer we are tackling the outside. Were putting in a new deck, jacuzzi and firepit. It will be our little oasis away so we opted to not do the honeymoon and just enjoy our house
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree about the wedding buzz! I really want to go soon after, but FH is afraid of $$ problem. So he wants to wait a few months. I think that'll be really lame!
  • Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are buying a house so we are just taking a couple days to ourselves. And if we want we can honeymoon at a later date.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are leaving two days after the wedding. Gives us time to clean up and recover, but we still get to ride the wedding buzz.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We waited a few days before leaving on our honeymoon. We got married August 12th, and left for Jamaica on August 17th.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married a month ago and we are going on our honeymoon in a little over 2 weeks!!
    The price was way cheaper then and plus we didn't want to risk hurricane season so it just worked out better for us

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics