Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

Decor - Done and Dusted!

Courtney, on June 14, 2018 at 13:36 Posted in DIY 0 27

I'm getting married in 23 days.. holy crap. I just finished getting all my decor, and I've set it up, taken pictures and placed it into tupperware bins to drop off at the venue. I wanted to share some of my set ups! Keep in mind these are only mock ups.. so flowers will be replaced with real ones but you get the idea!

Entry table! - there's now arrows next to washroom and gifts. Decor - Done and Dusted! 1Guest Table - this will be on a longer table, a bit further space between the card box and the guest globe.Decor - Done and Dusted! 2Memorial TableDecor - Done and Dusted! 3Seating Chart - this will be on a gold stand just outside our reception space!Decor - Done and Dusted! 4Centerpieces - this will be on a nicer white table cloth with place settings and the candles will be lit. The cup will be replaced by a gold chalise and the flowers will be more white/yellow/green.Decor - Done and Dusted! 5

I'm getting excited!

27 Comments

Latest activity by Rayann, on June 15, 2018 at 23:55
  • R
    Curious May 2023 Ontario
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really? Im down
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Simple and elegant. Very nicely set.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything looks great Courtney - 23 days, coming up soon!!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Steal away!
    If you like the frame and it works for you, I know someone who will be trying to sell theirs for cheap as of July 7th this year Smiley winking

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm a crazy lady though.. so don't worry!

Are you getting excited! 22 days!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think 1 table each is really manageable!

• R
    Curious May 2023 Ontario
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like how simple the decor and such a beautiful atmosphere. I'm digging the picture frame I might steal the idea if you don't mind. I'm mostly doing a lot of diy for my big day. I love the personal touches for the memorial table. Love it
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Everything looks great!
    I planned on doing the same thing with the mock ups and photo, for set up and clean up. I want to make sure those packing up know what to bring back. I plan on assigning a person/table for clean up of the things I really want returned. I hope my party / family members are okay with 1 table each.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very nice! I feel behind now! My wedding is the same day and I am not that organized!

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nicely put together Smiley laugh
  • B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that is so sweet of you to offer. I am near Hamilton. I never thought to look at flea markets , I’ve just been searching online and a couple stores. But all I can find are led hurricane lanterns so it’s part plastic and doesn’t look as nice. We were wanting them for our centerpieces.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't know if you're in the GTA, but on the QEW going to Niagara, there's a big antique/flea market out of a barn. I found them there. I was/am obsessed with them. If you're near Hamilton area you can always borrow them for your day if you wanted.

• B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love your decor !!! Where did you buy the lanterns ?? Smiley smile
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha! That was my plan too... And then our work life got insane - i picked up a second job (on top of a full time) and FH started working overtime every day (he didnt get a choice)...

I have 1 free evening in June and other than that i am fully booked up! Fortunately i do have the week before the wedding off so thats when stuff will have to get done. Or it doesnt get done.

I just keep reminding myself that either way at the end of the day we will be married, there will be lots of booze, and we will have all our friends and family to celebrate with us! Trying REALLY hard to not get stressed out!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You'll be fine!

My goal has always been to have almost everything done a month in advance. I am travelling for work next week, and am presenting for work at a conference the following week so knew I would be pre-occupied. I also knew that I had to help plan a wedding shower for a girl who's wedding I'm in, so that was something else to balance!

So I'm done early out of necessity!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow you are so much more organized than me! It all looks great!

Im down to 22 days left as well and i am maybe half done?
    We havent decided what we are doing for a guest book yet... And dont have any signs for anything yet... And we havent finished making our centrepieces yet... Gonna be a busy couple weeks for me!

• Amber
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks great! All ties together very nicely Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually bought it white with gold letters, off of a bride on the Buy and Sell group for $15.

Seating chart was hard to pick. I've seen some nice chalk board or mirror ones but seemed like a lot of effort.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazing idea to do set up mock ups!!

I also have a mailbox that I'm using as my card box! Did you paint it white yourself too? I did the mailbox in white, and gold for the handle. Keeping the flag red though.

I'm actually pretty stumped on what to do for a seating chart. This one is nice and simple though.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looks lovely! Well done!

Such organization! 🙌🏾
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha! That's amazing! I'm a little more relaxed about some stuff (ie. I don't care about make up/hair/nails/jewelry match).

I think if you're clear and aren't TOO demanding in terms of pricing or things like that, then who cares! I'd rather everyone know the expectations and I know I've done everything I can to prepare. That way the day of, everything should go fairly smoothly without too much last minute stress.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right?! People worry about coming off controlling or "Bridezilla", but professionals would rather eliminate all guess work and have it be perfect too! They know you are only going to recommend them or give them a good review if they do well, and if they have to guess, and guess wrong, that's bad for everyone.

For my cousin's wedding I even did a "Bridesmaid Booklet" of what they were expected to pack (Mexico wedding), wear (dress, shoes, back up shoes, jewelry, make-up), I did everyone's hair/make-up so it would match... Even took them all to get matching mani/pedis in french tips... #notacontrolfreakiswear ....

It's gonna be 10x worse for my wedding... haha!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am very organized. You should see my day of time line.

Our friends teased me about it but all of our vendors have thanked me for making their job so easy!

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So beautiful!! So exciting!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley love A woman after my own heart! The organization level here makes me SUPER happy! Haha. Definitely definitely doing this.

You've made it dummy proof!!! Haha.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah! My plan was/is to take pictures of how I want everything set up in advance. I then put it all into a document with some notes and have sent that to our venue who is setting it up.

I'm also including a copy in the bins when I drop off the decor the day before. My hope is that will make everything VERY straight forward.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ahhh! So beautiful... so exciting!

I can't WAIT to get to my DIY stage! (Still 200+ days out... bleh)...

Love the idea of taking pictures of the table set ups! I will definitely have to remember to do that!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics