Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dawn
Frequent user July 2018 Ontario

Decor decisions???

Dawn, on October 16, 2017 at 13:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
How does one make decisions about what kind of decor to have for the reception?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 29, 2018 at 13:18
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The venue offered to set up the tables cittong down the cost. So i rented the backdrop for the sweetheart table and simple diy within minutes done.

If the venue offers the set up for table skirting, check if they can also do backdrops. If not, rent than paying more for the decorator.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Dawn, did you choose your decor yet? Is it coming together well? Can we help?

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my inspiration from the season. We were married September 24th so everything was fall themed. My colours were ivory, gold, and orange, with a touch of red. You're getting married in July and everything is in bloom then. Maybe you would consider a "strawberry social" theme, or a nautical theme if you're going to be near water. There are too many themes to name but hopefully by looking at pictures you'll get an idea. One lady on this site is doing a peacock theme and the colours are gorgeous. You'll find what you like and build from there.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have to agree with most people here - Pinterest is a dream haha! If you're going for something earthy, without being too rustic and burlap-ish, then maybe just pick some floral/greenery accents!

Decor decisions??? 1

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely get some inspiration from Google searches and Pinterest. Allow yourself to fall down the rabbit hole for a few hours and you'll be surprised how quickly you find things you like and can't stand lol.

• Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you know your cenue then check out instagram and the official website of your venue and see what bride and grooms have done in the past. Your season can also help and the look on pinterest for more ideas
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second this! Pinterest is amazing for ideas and inspiration. Search by a theme, or just start following some wedding boards. Your homepage will be filled with inspo in no time!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I recommend having a look through some of the Real Weddings we have on our site to get some inspiration. Did you know you can filter by style and by color? It might help you start to gather some ideas about what you like!

https://www.weddingwire.ca/real-weddings

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Type that ("earthy simplistic") and "wedding" into Pinterest and/or Google. You will get a ton of pictures which you can use as a starting point for your inspiration.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pinterest was a big help with this and so was my venue. They provided photos past weddings.

My FH and I also wandered Michael's one evening and put anything that caught our eye in our cart and created a theme from that.

• Dawn
    Frequent user July 2018 Ontario
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thinking Earthy, kinda simplistic, but not like burlap everything... if that makes sense... ?
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What theme are you going with Dawn?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics