Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenelle
Beginner December 2020 Saskatchewan

December wedding

Jenelle, on January 17, 2020 at 17:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
My fiancé and I are looking at a December 5th wedding, as it is the only date in 2020 that our venue is available. However, we are not a big van of the “typical colours” for a winter wedding. My fiancé wants a charcoal grey suit, and I like delicate and romantic colours that are more
Typical of a spring wedding (dusty rose, blush, sage, etc). Has anyone ever done this for a winter wedding? Any tips on how to make it work?

Any comments in general for those that have attended or had a wedding in December?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Marissa, on January 20, 2020 at 19:17
  • Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry if this isn't a helpful comment lol but I find myself in the opposite situation. Because of the colors and things I look up on Pinterest (smores and hot chocolate bar), Pinterest thinks I'm having a winter wedding! I'd say go for it - I don't think it will seem off, and it's nice to do something a little bit unexpected.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the engagement!!

But also, don't worry about if your colours "suit" the season. Me and my cousin in-law ended up having the same colours (both got married last year) and her wedding was in summer while mine was in fall and they both looked fine (ok, mine looked better Smiley tongue ).

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do whatever colors you want dont worry about the season. the warm colors will be so nice in cozy winter time!!

• Amy
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're concerned about it flowing with the season, throw a deep navy in there as an accent color. You can add a color in very subtle ways (like one type of flower in an arrangement or candles) that won't be the focal point for your color scheme but also give it that "wintery" vibe.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having a February wedding and my colours are red, blush and silver. I love them together. Sage is good for any season.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Welcome to wedding wire Jenelle!
    I totally agree with the others there is no reason not to have the colors you want. Blush and sage in the snow sounds divine.
    We're getting married in October, but we aren't having a "Fall Wedding", no rustic elements, no earthy fall colors, not a pumpkin in sight (I keep needing to remind my future MIL as she sends me ideas) because those aren't our style. Black, gold, with white flowers and greenery. Our photos might have a bit of foliage but that'll be it!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The colours you have chosen are great towards the winter season in different shades. Not all christmas weddings have to have that festive colours as a must.
    Its your day and choices ti make the day all about you two.
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a winter wedding and our colours are blush rose and lavender. I say pick whatever colours you want! Those rules of what colours you HAVE to have based on the season are arbitrary anyway. I think dusty rose and blush would look beautiful against a snow white backdrop.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pick the colours you want! There is nothing wrong with choosing the colours you love. And I think dusty rose and sage would look beautiful for a winter wedding. And I think they would go great with your FH's charcoal grey suit and against possible snow. Bridesmaids could wear dusty rose dresses and have their bouquets be made up of more greenery than flowers, like succulents instead, which would also be cheaper during the winter months.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics