Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Krista
Newbie November 2021 Ontario

Day of vs venue coordinator

Krista, on May 18, 2020 at 09:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hi everyone! I am getting married next year at LaSalle Banquet Hall in Burlington and the venue comes with a venue coordinator. I’m wondering if I should still look into hiring a day of coordinator if if that would be ok?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Krista, on May 24, 2020 at 20:48
  • Krista
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally speaking, I have a wedding planner to help with the whole planning process. However, I would say a day of coordinator would be very helpful. The venue coordinator is there solely on behalf of the venue. To be honest they don't care about what you want them to do because they are not there for you. If you hire a day of planner they will be the one to make sure all your needs/wants for the day come to life.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My venue has a venue coordinator but they only set up chairs & tables for our ceremony and reception nothing else.. Everything else that we need needs to be done by a coordinator of our choice. So my fiance and I decided on just a day of coordinator.

I would talk to your venue and see what your venue coordinator provides and go from there.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Day of Coordinator isn't needed unless your Venue coordinator is taking care of everything you have arranged to plan (layout provided) including meals. Meals should be indicated by initials or coloured gems if main courses are selective to make it easier for each table guests. The system I used was NV-Non Veg, V-Veg and K-Kids meals.

Church set up is something you would need a Day Coordinator to get your work done the day of the wedding ceremony. They will work with your vendors to put décor in its place.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're moving around to different locations, ie getting ready at your house, a church or separate ceremony, I would get a Day Of Coordinator if it's in the budget. This will ensure you're on schedule leading up to everything at the main venue. Even then, as others have mentioned, the venue coordinator is usually responsible for ensuring your meals are served as scheduled, they're open for load in, oversee move out for cleaning the venue etc. Things like managing your DJ or band, and other big setups like draping are usually not managed by the venue coordinator. Definitely check with them and see.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would the day of person is only in relation to the venue and what its doing. they wont help set up your DYI decor or keep you on schedule or anything like that. the person you hire will assist with everything like your ceremony stuff, scheduling, issues that arise in the moment of, they also contact all your vendors to ensure that they are on time to set up/not running late.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree w/ Amelia. I would ask your venue coordinator for their thoughts! I asked mine point blank if I should bring in outside help. She said it wasn’t necessary as her team would organize the processional and direct guests, act as a point person for vendors, set up and tear down decor, etc. She did say that she may have recommended a day of coordinator or at least staff for set up and tear down if we had really elaborate decor (I.e. piping and draping the entire space). All that to say, your venue person can probably give you the most helpful insight ☺️

If they plan to take a more passive role I would definitely spring for the extra help - assuming it’s in the budget. Let a professional orchestrate the details so you and your family/friends can kick back and enjoy the day.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Has the venue specified what their coordinator will be responsible for? Our venue coordinator will act as a day-of coordinator as well so make sure you're sure of what the role entails before you look into a seperate day-of coordinator. But if they don't overlap, then I'd say definitely look into it! I imagine it would be the best money you could spend if it means you can sit back and enjoy your day while someone else takes the reins.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics