Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kari
Newbie September 2023 British Columbia

Day of Coordinator - yes or no?

Kari, on June 1, 2022 at 23:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Those who have a planner did you find it helpful? Do you feel you could have planned your wedding without one?

I’m interested in finding out the specifics of what a day of coordinator helps with. I know I want someone there to do the setup and tear down. I feel like I can plan majority of the details but also want the tips from a professional of the dos and don’ts. Is this something a day of coordinator would have input on or are they strictly there to do the decorating and go with the plan I have set from them.
Thanks for the help!

11 Comments

Latest activity by LarryKalFU, on June 18, 2022 at 16:00
  • Stefany
    Beginner July 2022 British Columbia
    Stefany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super helpfull and totally worth it!

• Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    YES! We also live in Vancouver Island but planning a wedding in Toronto so we really needed one to help us out.

Our day of coordinator offered us vendor recommendations, ceremony and reception set up and tear down, rental items (arch, table numbers, faux garlands, card box, candles) DETAILED wedding timeline, food!! (They’re buying us ubereats so we could eat and not pass out! It’s included in the fee we’re paying), and getting all the vendors organized on that day.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did not have a day of coordinator and our wedding went very smoothly! I planned things very well. On our timeline I had times for things to happen but also noted if anything had to happen before tasks could happen (ex. Even though speeches were scheduled to start at 6:45, I didn't want them starting until after everyone had their meal) I'd say if you can make a day of coordinator work in our budget, it's not a bad idea but it wasn't something I could justify the price of
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Day of planners are key and honestly the best planning tool to have if things go wrong or theres issues boom theynfix it or just handle it so it works they push you to be on time and have a handle on the day.

i feel like im over planning and i have one but thats just my personality type

• Vanessa
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah it’s helpful they can keep all timing on track and fix any problems on the day.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I appointment my bestfriend and her husband to be the person to deal with payments and decision making and to deal with take down.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm using Katelynn Harris. She's an independent coordinator and she has been wonderful to deal with these last 3 years and with having to postpone twice. If you have a certain budget to stick to you she will definitely work with you.

There's a few other day of coordinators in the Kelowna area that I did have conversations with but were out of our price range
  • Kari
    Kari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I want. Someone I can trust with all the fine details the day of and it not be a family member as I want them to enjoy the day just as much as myself.
  • Kari
    Kari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I noticed you’re having your wedding in Kelowna. I’m having mine in Osoyoos. Who’s your day of coordinator and would you recommend them? I’m trying to figure out who my options are.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely! I'm so glad we have one for our wedding. Our venue suggested that we get one so we have a relaxing day. We won't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. Our day of will put all of our decor together for he ceremony and reception. Help with any questions the vendors have while they're setting up since we're not going to be at the venue until 20 minutes before hand. Ours will also be helping us with timing of walking down the aisle and timing of walking into our reception

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely yes. No matter how organized or meticulous you think you are, you don't want to be fielding questions from vendors and answering the venue all day on a day that you're supposed to enjoy.

A Day/Month of Coordinator is more than just grunt work - they're managing a whole team of people that are working your wedding. Vendors may have not been to you space before and need to orient themselves. A coordinator can manage that. A coordinator is checking on everyone to make sure they're on time in the prep. A coordinator is working with the venue, catering, photographer/videographer, and DJ/entertainment simultaneously to ensure everything is timed and on schedule. The last thing you want to do right before you walk out onto that aisle is to double check whether all those people are in place.

Also, a venue coordinator is not the same as your Day/Month of Coordinator. The venue will only deal with their own operations. They will not supervise your external decorators and entertainment to ensure they're setting up according to your needs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics