Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lucy
Frequent user July 2019 Ontario

Day of coordinator duties and questions

Lucy, on February 17, 2018 at 12:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2

The ceremony venue we are looking at does not offer any set up or take down services so I was thinking about hiring a day of coordinating for a few hours to take care of all that. We can have access to the venue for a four hour block so my plan was to hire them to come set up at the beginning of the block and then come back after the ceremony to pull down (or hang around since I'm paying them for the full 4 hours). The reception details are being handled by the reception venue so once the ceremony is packed up they wouldn't be needed.

A couple of questions though. Is this even a duty that they would handle? Should I be looking at decor vendors instead? The venue is supplying the chairs, we (or the vendor) would supply everything else. If the DOC's have an hourly fee, would they charge extra if they had to get help to set up or is it all covered by their fee? Does all this depend on the individual companies?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 19, 2018 at 10:13
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    DOC do charge full days rather than hours.

You can have them work around the staff at the venue to get their work done. You can have a list of whats to be put together and how you want to envision the table setting if a menu is being placed or centerpeice.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    From what I’ve researched regarding DOC, they’re going to have a full-day price so I don’t think overtime will be an issue. I’d say just make some calls and be honest regarding what your needs are going to be and see what they can do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics