Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth12
Curious February 2023 Ontario

Day of coordinator

Elizabeth12, on October 29, 2022 at 09:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
What's everyone's thoughts on hiring a day of coordinator? I'm having 50 guest, so not a lot. Thinking about hiring a coordinator but getting quotes of $900 and up. This would push our budget but could be covered if needed.

Has anyone used one and enjoyed or regretted it? Did you get married and regret not having one?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lily, on November 2, 2022 at 11:57
  • L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are having one but we are also inviting just over 130 people. I think the more people and the more intricate your wedding is then the more you'll want to hire a day-of-coordinator. They can take care of all of the little things as well as any major things that might happen on the actual day. It takes a lot off of your shoulders.

• Elizabeth12
    Elizabeth12 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your response ☺️
  • Elizabeth12
    Elizabeth12 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ☺️
  • Elizabeth12
    Elizabeth12 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the advice and response Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A DOC (Day of Coordinator) is good if you have more than 100 guests since the work would be more to handle on your own. A lot of our weddings being Indian have to have this done since the guest count does go up beyond 300 based on both sides of the families in whole and number of pre-events part of it.

I took care of the whole planning and knew we had less than 100 guests and to consider the aspect of DOC. The cost itself was very expensive and knowing I can handle the whole works as it was minimal set up apart from the reception windows to cover. The guest, Sweetheart, and gift tables were done within the day before and final centerpieces by the in laws help.

The decision is up to you if the work is minimal with the family/wedding party help getting done and surpassing the cost of the DOC. You find your venue may not give you the option of not setting up the day before the wedding, DOC can be considered or again with the help of the family/wedding party to give their time with the set up on the day of the wedding.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's up to the person, I did a poll on facebook with friends and family and 2 people said yes and 10 said no save the money. I appointed my sister's husband to be my MC, he is taking care of everything, every decision is going to be done by him.

Really up to you, if you want one and the budget is there do it, but if you rather save that money towards something else then I would do that instead!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a 50 person wedding and did not hire a day of coordinator. I planned things extremely throughly. I had a couple trusted family members help out with a couple tasks needed to be done on the day of and I told them I trusted their judgment if any issues arise that they need to deal with. The only issue that anyone had to make a choice on without my knowledge on the day of was shuffling the tables a bit to accommodate for the DJs table.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had 23 guests plus vendors we had around 35 people. We did not hire a day of coordinator because I figured the party was small and intimate and I already had all details organized HOWEVER our head waiter, kind of took the role of coordinator and I am so thankful for her! The night carried on and we ended up being busy socializing, enjoying the evening and totally did not keep track of time so she helped with making sure we were on track with dinner, she noticed we were missing the stir sticks for coffee and tea so she had one of the catering staff run out and even pick up some. She even let me know when some of the vendors were arriving.

I think it's a great idea to have one, you wouldn't believe how busy/fast the day goes and I can totally see how schedules go off track!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I had one! It was the best decision we made! We only had 40 people at our wedding but we didn't have to worry about anything. Our day of Coordinator dealt with everything from setting up all of our decor for the ceremony and reception. Help us with timing of walking down the aisle and when to walk into our reception! She also helped with any questions that vendors had when they showed up and also dealt with any hiccups during the day so we didn't have to deal with them ! Totally worth the money!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics