Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erinn
Curious October 2022 Saskatchewan

David’s Bridal

Erinn, on February 12, 2022 at 18:21 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
Has anyone ordered bridesmaid dresses from David’s Bridal? I am trying to order colour swatches and it doesn’t look like they ship to Canada??

8 Comments

Latest activity by Erinn, on February 16, 2022 at 23:03
  • Erinn
    Erinn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I’m from SK, we don’t have any stores here but I contacted the Calgary location and got some swatches ordered! Fingers crossed on the colour!
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are David's Bridal stores in Canada. I would check them out to see if they can help you. My fiancee and her MOH/bridesmaids are going to see them for dresses as well.
  • Allison
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's good! Unfortunately I don't have a good photo of the chiffon but in person the chiffon, mesh, and charmeuse look very similar. The first attached image is a charmeuse dress in Wine. Second one shows Wine in Satin (middle dress). David’s Bridal 1

David’s Bridal 2

• Erinn
    Erinn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for the feedback! I was able to contact the store in Calgary and I’ve got a few swatches that should be arriving in the mail next week. Im hoping wine in chiffon fabric is as pretty in person as it is on the site!!
  • Allison
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Canadian stores definitely have swatches available in-store, so hopefully they can ship to you. I live in Ontario so I stopped by a David's Bridal last week and they had swatches available for $1/each. I will say the colours look very different online than in store so DEFINITELY order swatches if you are able. I've bought dresses from David's Bridal for two weddings I've been in and had a great experience both times (one dress was ordered in, one was bought off the rack since they had the colour, style and size I needed in stock). My bridal party is going to David's next month to try on dresses but I'm leaning towards the satin 'Amore' collection in the colour Wine. Oh one other thing - each colour varies slightly depending on the fabric so if you want them to look the same - tell your girls to order from the same collection. For example, 'Wine' in chiffon or mesh is fairly muted, while 'Wine' in satin is a richer colour with shine, and 'Wine' in velvet is really deep & appears several shades darker than the same colour in other fabrics.
  • Erinn
    Erinn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no, that’s awful! Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m from Saskatchewan and we don’t have an actual store in the province, so the dresses would be ordered right off the website. I am worried about ordering without seeing the colour in person first! I think I will phone one of the stores in Alberta to see if they can ship some swatches to me. I’m being pretty particular about the colour so I’ve ordered swatches from a few different online stores. I will definitely keep your experience in mind!
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just wanted to say for experience wise I wish I did not go with David’s bridal for my bridesmaids dresses. All my bridesmaids have had issues when they went in. They would either say they are not on file or they can’t find the dress, even a week ago they had called my bridesmaid left a voicemail (she was at work) they called me and told me they’ve been trying her all day and they are going to send the dress back… they called her once and she already paid for the dress .. so what are you talking about your sending it back!!? My bridesmaid called back within the hour and picked it up but that kind of stress was not needed?
    I went in there by myself (all my bridesmaids live in different provinces) i had just found my wedding dress at another boutique and the best experience ever! I was really made to feel special. Then I walk into David’s bridal for my appointment and she rushed me in and out of there I wasn’t happy with the dresses at all and I had to go online and look through so I could take my time.
    Now maybe this is just the location I went to but if I can prevent another bride from going through the stress I will definitely speak up!!
    Im not sure about swatches but when I was rechoosing the dresses online i just called and asked if they could order whatever dress number I chose.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Swatches from the website don't ship to Canada but you can order them through the store. Well I think you can. I went to the store in Calgary and they had a sign up saying scan this QR code to order swatches!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics