Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mikaela
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Dads' attire

Mikaela, on May 29, 2019 at 16:55 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
So, my dad asked me what I want him to wear for my wedding. I told him it didn't really matter, just as long as it was a suit. I figured he would get a tie/bowtie that matched my mom's dress. Last night he showed me a bowtie he wants to wear the coincidentally is the exact same colour and pattern as what the groom will be wearing. Just the bow tie version.. are there any like faux-pas rules against this?

I personally don't know how I actually feel about it!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on June 4, 2019 at 23:14
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad dressed to match the bridal party mostly. He had a grey suit and a purple tie that was in between the shades of purple we used.

• Alysa
    Beginner October 2019 Alberta
    Alysa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally nothing wrong with it. I think it’ll be cute as heck! They have great taste.
  • Emily
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad s wearing almost the same thing as the groom and grooms mean just no tie or suspenders.

im the type of person though I would like everyone to kind of match for pictures

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say this would be 100% up to you personally. It is sweet in a way and I would ask your groom how he feels about it? It might not bother you but might bother him or he might not care at all and then it will help you decide either way

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that as long as they aren't wearing the same suit - that's fine! I would just offer the same colour bow tie to your FFIL so that he isn't left out (or any step-dad's).

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I think it's kinda cute actually.. but completely up to you

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You and your dad have the same great taste! I don't think it's a faux pas, but if it really bothers you, talk to your mom and say when dad showed me his bowtie i was surprised bc i thought he would choose something that matched your dress.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Carly how I don't think it's necessarily a faux pas, but I don't think your FH and dad should be that matchy-matchy.

• Carly
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it's faux-pas. I am buying my dad and step dad ties to match the groom and groomsman bow ties.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics