Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

Dad/daughter Dance Song

Abbie, on November 15, 2021 at 16:13

Posted in Wedding reception 35

Hello all! How did you pick your Father/Daughter song? I’ve always said I wanted to use a song that my Dad and I would dance to when I was really little all the time, but it’s not a song about a father/daughter relationship. Any thoughts?
Hello all! How did you pick your Father/Daughter song? I’ve always said I wanted to use a song that my Dad and I would dance to when I was really little all the time, but it’s not a song about a father/daughter relationship. Any thoughts?

35 Comments

• S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I both told our parents to pickthe song. My dad picked this song called my princess by Coffee Anderson. I had never heard it before he told me. And it hit the nail right on the head for me.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The father daughter specific ones are over done and honestly sometimes creepy 😅. Do what feels right for you too! Rhiannon Giddens & Iron & Wine's cover of Forever Young. My dad has ALWAYS encouraged us to stay young (i.e. didn't want us getting jobs too young 😅) and to enjoy every moment while we can, so it was meaningful to us.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say do it. If couples only limit it songs about dads and their kids, every other wedding would more or less have the same dance lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics