Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Morgen
British Columbia

Custom wedding dresses

Morgen, on July 20, 2020 at 14:16 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 2

Hello,

Did anyone have a custom wedding dress made for them? Did you use a local seamstress or a custom dress company? Tell me all your details.

Morgen

2 Comments

Latest activity by Jess, on July 21, 2020 at 13:15
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I purchased a wedding dress off that rack and will be having quite complicated alterations done to it. Both of my sisters have had custom gowns made. First they went for a consultation, then the designer made a mockup gown to try on and to ensure it was the style etc. that they were envisioning, and then the third appointment it was already so far along that they only had to come back for one more final fitting for small adjustments etc. They were so happy they went with a custom dress.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Morgen!

My dress isn't custom, but I feel like my seamstress did a lot of work and my dress was a sample/off the rack. I went with someone small and local who had wonderful reviews. My dress was pinned on my first appointment, repinned after having some work done on the bodice, and all 5 layers were hemmed by my third appointment. She took in one side of the bust that was inexplicably larger than the other, there was a spot on my ribs that was jabbing and she found it and fixed it. I needed all new buttons and some of the beading needed to be tweaked and tightened. On my final appointment she left me in the dress while we chatted just so she could sneakily see if it still fit right when I wasn't paying attention to my posture or looking at myself in the mirror. I am so impressed with the work she did. She worked in a bridal salon for years before making costumes and clothing. She does men's and women's alterations and custom pieces. I feel like finding someone with the experience is the most important worthwhile part.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics