Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Crunch time

Jen, on May 30, 2018 at 15:21 Posted in Before the wedding 0 23

We are 10 freakin' days away, people!!! I thought for sure I'd be losing it right now and panicking but honestly, the only thing that is stressing me out is money at this point. We have every single vendor paid off, but because of the time off I'm taking for the wedding I know things are going to end up being tight for a few weeks.

We got our day of timeline today from our coordinator and just gave it to our wedding party. Now we just pray that the weather is good that day as our ceremony is outdoors, as well as our photos.

It's weird to not be planning anything major right now. The only hiccup we ran into was that one of our groomsmen was under the impression that his suit was a rental so instead of picking it up from his home store near his house in Bowmanville he had it shipped here to Thunder Bay without ever actually trying it on. I found out about it and had my FH ship it to him. Thankfully we did because alterations were needed and he wouldn't be into Thunder Bay until the Thursday night before the wedding, meaning he wouldn't be picking it up until Friday morning and the wedding is Saturday. We also found out that he didn't order a shirt and none of them ordered belts. Thankfully it's all taken care of now and we don't have to worry.

One of my bridesmaids doesn't have shoes yet either.. but I told them I wasn't really bothered with what they wore on their feet, as long as it wasn't a dark colour shoe.

What were you like with just over a week to go? Where you calm, cool, and collected or were you a basket case? I'm sure once I finish the last of my night shifts in the next three days that I'll be a mess knowing that everything is a week away.

10 days to go!Crunch time 1

23 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 6, 2018 at 10:00
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When i had to repeat myself many times, the only response given to my husband was its your choice and get it when you want if your that picky.

He needed a suit 2 weeks into the day and decided to go Scarborough for a long drive. I said no and ended up buying his suit at t
    Tip Top Tailors and a pocket square. He was happy with the result.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is really pushing my buttons this week too!! I'm not sure what it is. I'm not even stressed out but he seems to be really bothering me this week. It's almost as if he's not listening to the things I'm saying and then will ask me the same thing I just told him. I hate repeating myself.. and I've done it alot this week lol. Thankfully his parents are here tomorrow so that will be a big distraction for him, thankfully.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lucky me! I have two years to plan! My supervisor is getting married this weekend and she’s stressed though!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About this time back 2 weeks in towards the day, husband had to get a suit and cost the same as renting. Small details were taken care of as i had taken time off from work to ensure welcome bags were started on based on the # of rooms.

Throughout the time of the planning, i was calm and cool. My husband was testing my patience though.

The checklist for bags were double checked and outfits/suits along with accessories were packed too.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm 5 weeks away still, but I'm feeling good about it all! Just a bit more to do! I'm ready for it all to be over though! I was a little concerned about money; we had our budget and plans to save, then life happened and my fiance wasn't able to save as much as he had planned. But, both of our parents ended up pitching in more than they originally said they would. So, I think we're set now financially.

• Natalie
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m 5 days away...eeek! But relatively calm, haven’t been stressed at all yet. Only now starting to get very nervous about being the center of attention for the walk down the aisle, first dance and speech. All those eyes on me makes me anxious! I know it’ll be fine but definitely the only thing I’m worried about!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh boy. The 401 can be scary lol. I'm trying to get everything organized at my work as well. Just going off on my 2 days off led to everything being left a mess for my return. The joys of working as a nurse lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's how I feel as well. I want to be able to enjoy my down time and not have to worry about making sure everybody has the necessary items, that all vendors are aware of the day of timeline, etc. It's been stressful this week as I'm going into night shift and it's hard to have contact with anybody while I'm at work, but thankfully my wedding coordinator is on top of things!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've already accepted! haha she told me to contact her after the wedding and tell her if I still want to do it. Making it through my wedding is the first test haha

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am, yes! I work full time as a nurse and she offered to work around my schedule when I am free. I'm super excited.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oooh so exciting!!

When we were 10 days out I was making sure my work stuff was in order while I was going to be gone, making sure everyone knew what they needed to pick up and drive to the wedding (3 hours from where we live), making sure that everything was booked and that all the little details were taken care of so that we didn't need to worry as we were driving down the 401 lol.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! Exciting! I hope to be as well organized as your are when it comes down to my big day. I am already feeling that sense of wanting to have it over with though because I am basically planning it by myself (with a little input from the FH).

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Woooo only 10 days!!

giphy.gif
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow, really?? What a credit to your level of organization and your positive attitude! Are you tempted?

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Jen, that’s so amazing! Will you take it? How fun would that be?!?!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been working really hard to be in this place. It hasn't been easy getting here, especially in regards to our wedding party drama, but we've done our best! I'm super excited about the day finally being here. Honestly, I just want it done and over with so that I can relax on my days off lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I try to be on top of things. I actually had my day of timeline finished but my coordinator insisted on doing it. Everything she gave me was exactly as I had planned out lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My wedding coordinator has actually said this and offered me a job after the wedding is all said and done! Kind of exciting lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My nerves have thankfully only been stretched due to work. Only 2 more shifts until I'm off!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

10 days! That's so exciting!
    it sounds like you're in a good place. My goal is around 10 days out to have everything done except little bits and pieces so that you can just be excited about getting married!

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds exciting! Everything will work out, you seem to be on top of everything which is good! Your wedding day will be so beautiful Smiley smile

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So exciting!!!! Sounds like everything is working out for you and that you’re on top of everything! I’m sure I’ll be a mess. Lol. You will do amazing!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so excited for you!! I’m sure your nerves will stay under check and you’ll be great on your big day☺️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics