Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Cricut machine

Amanda, on September 16, 2018 at 14:31 Posted in DIY 0 14
Hey, other diy brides!

Just looking for some opinions on the Cricut machine before making the investment. It would be possibly used for other occasions other than the wedding, as I tend to do diy gifts at Christmas. Wondering if anyone has any pros or cons about the machine or which one is better?

Happy craftying!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Rekramer, on October 2, 2018 at 14:17
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love my machine, my mom bought me the Air 3 last year when I got engaged. I am making bachelorette t shirts tonight in fact! There are craft projects that have not turned out as easy as I would have liked, and some other craft projects that were still cheaper to order online than to do myself, but I love my machine. One thing that really didn't work out for us was we originally planned to use it to write the names in gold pen on our invitation envelopes, but we could not get a thin enough pen that fit in the holder and didn't look like garbage on the envelope. That said, I use it to make decals for my phone, my car, make shirts, make custom cards for people, etc. If you're a crafter in general, I find it worthwhile.

• Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Would be super interested to know what model you end up purchasing! I've been on the fence about it as well.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone! I think I’m going to splurge and buy one, but maybe around Black Friday (hope the deals are better). With some many craft projects that I’m wanting to do I think it will save the time and headache of trying to paint them!
  • Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have one! I bought it specifically for wedding crafting.

I plan on doing save the dates, invites, thank yous, all the envelopes, menus, place cards, programs as well as signs etc. To me, it will end up saving money, and I get to do it myself and personalize our wedding Smiley smile

These are our save the dates I have been working on.

Save our DateCricut machine 1

• Shawna
    Newbie October 2020 British Columbia
    Shawna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom has one for her crafts and I plan on using it for wedding stuff but we are loving it! It was difficult to start and if you end up getting one we found that groups on fb help lots!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend wants one very badly, but isn't willing to spend the money. If you are able to budget for it, go for it. They apparently work great, and I know personally through my own "crafting", that you can do some pretty great stuff with it. I have a commercial size vinyl cutter at work, and for the wedding I'm making signs, glassware, mugs, hangers, etc...

I've also used it for Christmas gifts, and made glassware for events for my mom, even sold some personalized mugs/glassware, weddings signs, etc.

Vinyl LetteringCricut machine 2

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Models have changed overtime. Check whats availbale now now on cricut.com site. Other machines are available to purchase too.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have one but my friend does and she made the signs for our wedding using it. She loves it. She's a very crafty person and uses it often. Not sure what model it is but I think it's the same one she used for her wedding 4 years ago.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Which model do you have? I’m assuming you can do the same thing with each machine?
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such a smart idea, I wish I had purchased one at the beginning of my wedding planning!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have one and its fantastic for different uses and catridges based on designs. I use it for scrapbooking. Sizing and patterns are amazing when its on the project your working on.
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have one and I LOVE it. Honestly it is one of the best purchases I have made. I’m a teacher so I use it for things I have at work and for labelling around the house. Very simple to use If you don’t think you would use it after the wedding you could sell it.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel like I’m on the fence with it. Have been watching a few YouTube videos of the cool craft diy projects for weddings that would be useful. Especially for pallets and wood projects
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't have one, but I'd say if you are going to use it for more than just the wedding and can get it's money's worth of uses than totally go for it! But for me personally if I were to just use it occasionally, like a couple times a year then I wouldn't. Really busy depends on how much you'll actually use it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics