Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcia
Super August 2018 Manitoba

Creating your own wedding traditions

Marcia, on May 18, 2018 at 14:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Traditions are very important, but I love the idea of creating your own. Have any of you brides created your own wedding traditions? If so, what unique tradition will you be starting?

Wedding TraditionsCreating your own wedding traditions 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 20, 2018 at 08:53
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a few indian traditional touches added to the service and was nice to include part of my culture.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Many of our “new” traditions will be variations and blends of our respective cultures.

For example: We’re jumping the broom (African american - him), with a straw/pointer broom (Guyanese - me).

But we also look forward to creating new traditions, not just on our wedding weekend/day, but as a new family.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We definitely want to create our own tradition! I'm thinking we will write our own ceremony. Our officiant give us the option to do this, as long as we stay within the guidelines. So we may do that and then encourage our children to do that when their big day rolls around in the future. Makes it more sentimental and personal! We had ready planned to write our vows so might as well do the whole thing !
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Catherine, that's a beautiful tradition, I love that cake server. Such a good idea, that you can use it again for other things, including your future babies birthday's Smiley heart

• Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We bought a cute cake server that we’ll use at our wedding then plan on using for future anniversaries and birthdays; our own little family tradition. I lost the battle of the cake (I didn’t want one, he did) but am glad we can have something to use with future kids. Smiley smile

Creating your own wedding traditions 2
  • J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are keeping it traditional.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It never occurred to me to create my own tradition! I’ll be following this thread..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics