Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melinda
Devoted September 2017 Ontario

Crazy wedding dreams/nightmares

Melinda, on December 12, 2016 at 11:14 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

So last night I had a hilarious (but still mildly horrifying) dream about my wedding. My fiance and I had a good laugh about it, so I thought I would share. Of course, in the dream everything went wrong - the venue was wrong, we had no photographer and I realized 2 seconds before I was about to walk down the aisle that I had forgotten to put on my dress. So my best friend and my sister hurried to get my dress on, only it wasn't my dress. I was crying and crying, but there was no time to go get my actual dress, so I put on one that they had (for some reason they had 2 other ones). Funny thing is when I put on the different dress I was like "Oh, I like this better than my actual dress" and then I walked down the aisle and everything was great. We definitely laughed about it because that is so something I would do.

Anyone else having wedding anxiety spill over into their dreams, or am I the only crazy one?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jennalyn, on December 14, 2016 at 04:51
  • Jennalyn
    Frequent user February 2017 Ontario
    Jennalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been having more and more dreams the closer I get. Some are fantastic dreams where nothing goes wrong others are crazy. The last one I have my groom showed up in shorts (we get married in February with snow) and he was way late. But that's OK Cuz much hair was not ready. I ended up walking down aisle in rollers and my house coat. I've had others where dress doesn't fit. Some where there are fist fights between guests. My fiance just shakes his head and laughs as I tell him what I have been dreaming
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Melinda Smiley heart That dream sounds so stressfull!! Your wedding can definitely be a lot on your plate and be a lot to think about, so don't worry these dreams tend to happen. But I'm glad to hear you were able to have a good laugh about it! I made this test that's a bit like in your dream... Smiley laugh It's about choosing what you would want if you'd get married in a few hours. You should give it a shot!

You're getting married today! - Choose your dress

You're getting married today! - Choose your shoes

You're getting married today! - Choose your hairstyle

You're getting married today! - Choose your makeup

You're getting married today! - Choose your bouquet

You're getting married today! - Choose your ride

Let us know how it goes! I hope you'll have more happy and magical dreams in the upcoming nights!

What have you been planning lately? Anything that might have triggered your bad dream?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jess Smiley heart It's normal to have these from time to time, just let us know how we can help! Don't worry, I'm sure everyone will be so happy that you two are getting married and will definitely make it! Where are you at in your planning? Smiley smile

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have had weird dreams about the wedding and the wedding social. The wedding dream was about being late for the service and the wedding social dream was about having little to no guests arriving at the venue. All very strange as I am pretty chill about the wedding and wedding social since we are on top of the details. Smiley smile don't let the dreams get you down but remember it will all work out in the end.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just had my first "wedding nightmare" the other day and I certainly didn't enjoy it!! For some reason in my dream I was Egyptian I think and I had to have two different ceremonie's.... one in a traditional red dress lol and then a second for my actual wedding dress! Anyways I was getting ready and all of the sudden I realized my photographer wasn't there and so I was calling and calling and she wasn't picking up her phone when suddenly she did and she acted as though she had no clue who I was and then proceeded to tell me she was't coming because I didn't pay her the full amount or something and so someone at the wedding took photos but they did a horrible job and I was crying so my makeup was running.... ughhhhhh never again!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're definitely not the only one! I had a couple different dreams before the wedding and have even had one after the wedding! My husband had one dream where he left his vows at home and was trying to decide if he had time to go back and get them or if he should just try and say them from memory. He woke up and fell back asleep into another wedding dream and in this one, he apparently started saying his vows as soon as I walked down the aisle because he was worried about forgetting them so our ceremony only consisted of us saying our vows and our officiant saying "I now pronounce you husband and wife!" Later in the dream, he was talking to his brother and was like "yeah the ceremony seemed really short" and his brother was like "yeah that's because you skipped everything and just blurted out your vows!" Haha luckily that didn't happen in real life.

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup- every other night I'm having dreams about one thing our the other going on (sword fight at the reception is my favorite ).

We should all journal our dreams and put together a book!
  • Jess
    Curious September 2017 Alberta
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope I've been feeling crazy lately also. I keep having dreams about my wedding and something goes wrong. No one comes, we forgot to plan it, people don't talk to us at our own wedding etc.
    I've been trying to make humour of them too and glad it's all in my dreams and not real life. Haha Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics