Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mackenzie
Newbie July 2019 Ontario

Crazy planning

Mackenzie, on August 29, 2017 at 11:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hey ladies! I have a basic idea of planning our wedding, but I need some help! I feel like I'm missing quite a bit of stuff (which I probably am) haha so I have to call and get pricing for an Officant, Venue, DJ.. etc. Please, let me know what else I could probably do for my special day! Thank you 💗

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 12:06
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Look up the wedding planning chart and print it off. Check mark each box off as you complete that task.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have a local used book store, you can find some great discounted wedding books to help get you started! I read a ton of them and passed along the good ones to my groom so that we were on the same page. Not all of the things may be relevant to your wedding but there will also be things that you wouldn't have known or thought of. Then after you're done, you can sell them back to help the next bride and groom!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found that a lot of planning really stemmed from what was and wasn't included with the venue.

For example ours includes all chairs, linens, catering, non-alcoholic drink mixes, and ceremony/reception set-up and break-down and a tent for our outdoor ceremony so we didn't have to look at separate vendors for those items.

The big ones I would say include everything Bethany said plus: marriage license and wedding rings, a special event permit if it's required to serve liquor at an event in your province, wedding insurance. Things that are usually easily overlooked in the madness of everything.

There are also some great infographics on pinterest that shows what tasks should be completed at roughly what time intervals. I found those helpful, too.

When looking at your budget, ask if the venue's quote includes a corkage fee - that can be a pretty big hidden cost (at least here in ON)

I keep reminding myself: I have my officiant, my license and my man so I can get legally married - the rest are just extras! That seems to be helping with my planning stress!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well, get those business cards printed up and get going! Start a website and get this thing rollin'.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh thank you Smiley laugh that made me feel good Haha. I'd love to help out brides now that I've been one haha
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome!!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bethany, you should be a wedding planner!!

• Mackenzie
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Mackenzie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bethany, Thank you! I just didn't want to miss something. Appreciate it 😁
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Officiant, venue, catering, dress & accessories, DJ, photographer, florist, decor, makeup & hair, cake, party favours, guest book, invites & stationary accompaniments
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's like a post card with basic info that gets sent out before the formal invite. SAVE THE DATE FOR THE WEDDING OF _________ AND _________ AUGUST 5, 2017 INVITE TO FOLLOW.
    Let's ppl know the date of your wedding to start planning around it.
  • Mackenzie
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Mackenzie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What is a Save the date anyway?
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's a really great to-do list on this site that I used to get a sense and get started on planning. The first thing I did was create a rough guest list, together with a budget. I used a template I found online that gave me a good sense of what I could expect for prices. Other than that, I've also booked a venue and got my wedding dress (early, I know). Next up is suit shopping for the FH, the wedding website, save the dates, and then outfits for the groomsmen and bridesmaids. Hope that helps!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The budget list and the to-do list on here are great tools to help you think about stuff. You'll need rentals if your venue doesn't provide them (chairs, dinnerware etc) and think about wedding favours. Also, don't feel like you need absolutely everything that is listed. There is tons of stuff we aren't doing.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Catering (if venue doesn't provide), hair, makeup, photographer, videographer (if you want to do that), Florist, Seamstress for dress alterations, jeweller for wedding bands, ...
    The list in the budget on here is also a great place for everything you might need ...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics