Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

covid weddings

Samantha, on February 10, 2021 at 19:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hi everyone!

For those who have gotten married during COVID restrictions, what has your wedding looked like specifically regarding photos? I was finally ok with the no dancing after already postponing from last year, but now our venue stated masks are to be worn anytime other than at your table.
What did others do? Do you regret your photos? I just cant imagine spending so much on photography and videography to have 80% of my photos with masks on. Help!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 14, 2021 at 18:03
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Couples that have gotten married during the pandemic if not in the church, at home though have taken pictures with the cake bought at a grocery store to avoid the extra expense for the time being. I have seen pictures still being as beautiful as its simply set with less decor.

• Rikki
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought I would share a photo I took from a wedding the hotel I work at hosted in November 2020. 55 total with 5 of them being vendors, this ballroom holds 250 normally and it still looked stunning. We do require guests to wear masks anytime they aren't seated. We space the ceremony rows 6ft so guests can take their mask off once seated there as well (if in social bubbles).

covid weddings 1

Try this link, it's the video to this wedding! https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&feature=youtu.be&v=r4zsL1OPOwo&fbclid=IwAR1n1Lf4YILd6H6xh15hHDaC_JG63WlqMoPqAESG0W-Dy2lL1lIwEj-Untc

• S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is SO SO helpful! Thank you for sharing! Your photos are so beautiful. This makes me feel a lot better, thank you!!
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! I had my wedding with those same restrictions. Original date was june 2020 decided to postpone to may 2021 and in august 2020 we made the decision to have it in september 2020! Lolll and I thought the same and worried about so many other things that i dont remember anymore cuz they arent important! Realistically bc guests cant mingle and are gonna be seated at their table your pictures wont show masks for the reception part! Because all ppl can do is sit and drink at their table there is no reason for a mask. If they are going to the washroom then yes they will wear a mask but who is going to take a pic then anyway?

Ceremony is a whole other story depending where you have it. My church required masks and I thought I would care a lot for them in terms of being like ugh masks in my wedding photos but I really dont care anymore :p here are some pics where masks were noticeable. I still dont think they take away from the moment at all. And years down the road it will be like wow 2020... lolcovid weddings 2

covid weddings 3

• S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just want to add we have already postponed from August 2020 to this year so no matter what we are going forward with our wedding (I do not want to postpone again). So was just more wondering what others have done/gone through. And any tips/tricks Smiley smile
  • S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for sharing! Our wedding is this August and it’s indoors so my fear is the venue is stating that masks will be worn at all times. I completely agree with your view, I just want some with no masks if possible.

Congratulations!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have a reception because there was (and still is) a ban on receptions and all social gatherings. We do have some photos from our ceremony with people wearing masks but because we were outside and there were so few of us, there weren't masks for the majority of the photos. The masks in photos don't bother me because I see photos as more of a way to document and remember the day and, like it or not, covid was a part of that day. I wouldn't want my photos to be a filtered or edited version of what really happened because I don't feel like that's very genuine.

But that's just me. I can totally see how some people wouldn't want a reminder of covid and masks in their wedding photos. If it's a big deal to you then I'd consider whether you will be happy with your wedding at all if people need to wear masks. Obviously safety needs to come first so if masks are required there's not a lot you can do, but if it's a really big deal then I think you should consider postponing to a time when masks won't be needed.

It's also possible and probably likely that some people will choose to wear masks even while they're seated at your wedding. That's what I would probably do if I was going to a summer wedding this year so even if your photographer only photographs at tables you're more than likely going to catch a few masks in there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics