Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Newbie May 2022 British Columbia

Covid Wedding experience!

Gabriela, on December 18, 2021 at 04:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 3 10
Hi guys my wedding is on May 15 2022. I am worried that with COVID I am not going to get the full experience of my wedding. Is anyone else worried about that as well?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Zara, on December 21, 2021 at 16:32
  • Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was supposed to have in Oct 2020, then pushed to May 2021, then to Jan 2022 and now again to May 2022. I just feel so defeated and honestly fed up at this point. I don't even know if I will be able to do have a proper wedding in May 2022 either. Thank God we did a small ceremony in May 2021 and moved in together. It is just so tiring and the amount of deposits that I lost is ridiculous. Especially with my makeup and hair artist, she won't transfer the deposit at all. This is the second time now that she is not transferring. :/

• Melanie
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is May 28, 2022 and I feel so down about it, just because of covid but my future FIL is very ill. I won’t know if he’ll be here for the wedding or if he’ll be able to make it. It’s been a long process; we got engaged in April 2020, scheduled for May 2021, postponed to May 2022 then found out our venue is closed because of restrictions so we changed it to a mountain micro wedding. Now I just feel guilty it isn’t in the same city as future FIL and like this isn’t going to happen. It sucks.
  • A
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can’t even bring myself to plan a wedding and it is ruining my relationship
  • Megan
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very much so… supposed to get married April 16,2022 and before that it was April 3, 2021 and before that it was May 15, 2020. I’m so sick of it at this point it really feels like we’re just not meant to have our special day.
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah we are supposed to get married February 12th, 2022 after two postponements already, and just found out we can only have half capacity and dancing is now banned. I’m so worried that we will look back at our wedding with sadness and regret, but it’s also already been so long that we really don’t want to postpone again 😭
  • Christine
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup! I'm supposed to get married April 30, 2022 but I am greatly concerned we won't get to that point.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just for some reassurance. We had to postpone our wedding only 10 days out last year due to lockdown #2. We then managed to sneak it in between lockdown 2 and 3 - 50 people max, technically just slow dancing allowed, no mingling - and we had the most amazing night. Everyone had the best time - so happy to be out socializing. Honestly, other than having some other guests that couldn't make it, we wouldn't change a thing. Plus we spent 25k less than anticipated and put that extra money onto our mortgage. And now... We are so happy it's over. We have the best memories and that stress is behind us.
  • Sascha
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Sascha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is May 14, 2022.

Smaller guest count 50 max.Toronto, Ontario.
    I don’t even know what to do at this point.How can we not dance. This is so bizarre
    I’m also a nurse. I’m so fed up 😭
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ontario just did a bunch of restrictions that won't be done until 3 days after my wedding. So mine just got horrible again. I can't believe getting married ever sounded like a good idea. I'm so sad and angry right now.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep I sure am! Last night I was going over all the restrictions online again just incase 😬 and I’m still confused on if I’m allowed to have 100 guests and if so do they have to wear masks.. My venue is for 250 guests

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics