Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laurie-Alex
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

covid wedding 😬

Laurie-Alex, on May 11, 2021 at 10:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Hey lovely brides to be- wedding is one year and 2 months out and everything has changed outside of COVID and of course the stress of a pandemic doesn’t help. I’m at a point where I think I’m going to cancel the reception until things clear up but I also feel worried that I’m a year and a bit out and Feel as though I’m missing steps 😬😬😬 COVID stress hasn’t helped but I’m just so lost right now ! Any advice??

15 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 26, 2021 at 13:33
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Postponing the wedding by reaching out to the venue would be a great idea to know where things are bound at the time. Its great your not giving up on your thoughts, keeping positive is the way to be as patience is a virtue.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not to sound like a broken record, but I would wait too! So much has changed in the last year, and so much more can change (unfortunately we just don't know if it'll be better or worse yet).

Waiting is stressful. I found it helped to have a go/no go date picked where we would officially decide to pull the plug or not.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would personally wait to cancel your wedding. A lot can happen from now to next summer. I would wait at least 6 months and less to make a final decision about your wedding. I think that once most people are vaccinated things will start to get better and things will start to gradually reopen and restrictions will ease. Just give it some time before pulling the plug Smiley smile

My fiance and I postponed our August 2020 wedding in May 2020. Rescheduled for August 2021. Then we postponed in April 2021 and rescheduled for August 2022

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would wait to cancel your wedding for next summer. I know things seem a bit hopeless right now, but we really are at a turning point with vaccines. It's going to take a few more months before things start to feel anywhere close to normal again, but next year should be much, much better.

Maybe just take a pause from planning for the moment and pick it up back up at the end of the summer. That way you'll still have about a year to book things and continue planning if you decide to go ahead with your date.

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeh, like the other ladies said I wouldnt worry about it now. Thats a long ways away! I was supposed to get married in August last year and we didnt pull the plug to post pone until a month before hand and everything was fine. Now our wedding is next weekend (10 people ceremony) and our vendors that we wont be using (yet!) still have the deposits and when we plan on having our reception next year then we can use them. No extra charge or loosing out on any money. I mean it all depends on the vendor I suppose but I wouldnt stress to much Smiley smile Just continue to enjoy your engagement for now! Smiley shame

• Laurie-Alex
    Laurie-Alex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m really hoping so! We got engaged in 2019 and when we said 2022 everyone said that was so far away but I was hoping things would resolve by then. Here’s still hoping!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also just realized we are geographically very close. My initial point still stands, I think we will be ok next year! (Although I know Simcoe/Muskoka has been a bit of a mess lately with covid)
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I think we will be okay by next year (im June 2022). Don't cancel yet. If anything I'd base it on what things are like about 4 months prior. You've got loads of time, keep planning as normal and don't let your vendors go if you've found ones you love. My fear was that things will be all booked since so many brides have been waiting to get married, so i locked down my important vendors already
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! Glad I could help a bit Smiley smile
  • Laurie-Alex
    Laurie-Alex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your advice!! Feeling a little better now 🥰
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think in a couple more months it could be harder to find some vendors but I dont think it will be impossible! Im getting married next may and the only things booked so far are venue, photographer and officiant. Everything else ill start looking at in a couple months
  • Laurie-Alex
    Laurie-Alex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No nothing yet just the photographer so far I think we might- do you think things will be over booked in a couple of months?
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have you put down any deposits yet? Could just hold off a couple more months before putting down any
  • Laurie-Alex
    Laurie-Alex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My worry just comes from the deposits I know we won’t get back ! We haven’t made a final decision yet I’m just so worried things won’t get better!!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally I would give it about 6 more months before canceling your reception! Im feeling very hopeful about where we will be at with covid next year! I know things are bad right now but they are getting better with vaccines be coming more available!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics