Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kathy
Curious June 2022 Ontario

Covid invitations

Kathy, on July 26, 2021 at 16:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Hi everyone, ok so we have had to postpone our wedding twice. Both times I had beautiful invites that I made on Vista print sent out. I don’t know if I want to order more.

I’m thinking of either sending evites ( which I’m not super crazy about doing although it would make sense). Or……maybe making my own cards on word maybe with some clever description. At this stage they don’t have to be super extravagant. Been there, done that lol!,

We aren’t getting married now until June 2022. I’m not going to bother with the Save the Dates. Will just go straight to the invite.

Any ideas of how to navigate this in a cute, humorous way?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on July 29, 2021 at 00:45
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think evites are the way of the future. Personally, would rather recieve an evite and them maybe a written thank you card after the wedding with a photo from the wedding for my fridge. I don't need both and many people I know agree. Send an email, save a tree.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your venue and time are the same as your sent out on the invites from before, then a simple card of date change is enough with a message of: Covid has put us on hold for so long that we couldn't have you present. We know you have been looking forward to making the trip out and will hopefully soon. The party is yet to come and seeing everyone again.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm pro e-vite all the way so that's what I would recommend. It may not be as fancy as intricate paper invites but there are so many designs that you can do without breaking the bank, and you can make changes on the fly or inform your guests of any updates immediately if you need to.

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So we’ve been in the same boat. The first 2 we did vista print. 3rd we used canva and did nicer invitations online sent via email.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics