Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tunisha
Super October 2021 Ontario

covid changed your wedding plans?

Tunisha, on July 29, 2021 at 07:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20

Hello Beautiful People,

Some of us planned our wedding for 2020, while some of us planned our wedding in 2020 for 2021. However, some of us are stuck with an unwanted guest *cough COVID cough* that came to linger a bit longer than we would like.

Has COVID changed your plans in regard to your venue, guests list size, wedding gown/dress choice, getting ready options, etc?

As of right now, it’s having an effect on my wedding guests list, however, personally I do not mind as it keeps my parents out of thinking who should be at my wedding. 🤷🏽‍♀️

20 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on August 1, 2021 at 11:48
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally understandable!!
    Ahhhhhh okay, that’s good then. It’s great then it’s neutral then and not having to worry when it changes.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yaaaaaayyy! So exciting Maria!!
    How are you feeling??!!

Ohhhhh yes, good for you!! When it works in your favour you take it and run with it. Hahahaha!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Colours, no (we weren't going to get a new set of clothes just for a seasonal change). But we're opting for seasonal flowers so the breeds in the bouquets will be different.

• Maria
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married this Friday and we had to reduce our guest list, which after all we are linking the idea. Also, the closure of the border worked out in our favour as some family wont be able to come (family drama avoided lol).

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhh this works out perfectly, so that everyone’s feelings is fine. Hahaha! But I’m happy that you and your SO will have the wedding you want!! 🥂
  • Eden
    Frequent user August 2021 British Columbia
    Eden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had to move our wedding from August 2020 to August 2021, but funny enough we were already planning a micro/elopement style wedding before Covid was even a thing, so that kind of worked out for us (now other family and friends won't be as upset for not being invited).
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhhh, that’s a very big difference.
    Did your decorations change or colours changed!? If you did not have any of those?
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome!! 😁
    Ohhhhh okay nice, well until then wishing you all the best.

I am waiting on paint to be in stock to get them for my bottles. They were all sold out! 😭
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A winter indoor wedding became a summer outdoor-ish wedding.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I havent worked on any DIYs in awhile but im going to work on some next month!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhhhhhhh, aren’t you and your SO great to take that into consideration!! I’m wishing that your 2022 wedding will be amazing and plans will go accordingly!

Hope those diy projects are coming along nicely!! 🥂
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhh yeah, I really hope that it all turns out well for your wedding Rayanne! I see you’ve been making sure those decorations are all set waiting for that big day!

Wishing that all is well and that you have that day for you and your SO! 🥂
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhhh okay, that’s amazing!!

I was thinking about having a Zoom option. But then turns out my venue doesn’t have wifi. So… I’ll just let it be and sent those family that can’t make it a video from the ceremony. As we’re not having a videographer.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations Caramel! Love the photos!! 😍👏🏾
    Ohhhhhh that sounds amazing! You married your SO and got to celebrate on a special day for you two!! I totally understand the money part and putting it down where it matters!! 👏🏾 That’s so fantastic! I have been planning an inexpensive wedding, so far so good. Hahaha.

When I come for your decorations skills for my wedding! Hahaha! You did an amazing job! 👏🏾
    Wishing you both all the best in the future! 🥂
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for sharing Samantha!
    Yeah, I can’t imagine what you’ve been been feeling like with all of those changes made. The good thing is that you married your SO! I totally agree with considering a larger celebration potluck style if you did not get to celebrate with those special people that did not get to celebrate with you!!

Wishing you all the best in that special plan! 🥂
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Covid hasn't super effected our wedding compared to many couples.
    Before we even got engaged I thought we'd get married August 2021 but when we got engaged in December 2020, we thought 2021 would be too unpredictable and we didn't wanna be "competing" with couples that had to postpone so we decided to get married in 2022. 🤞 covid doesn't effect our wedding for next year!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well we should have had our wedding Feb this year but are waiting till Jan next year. I hope our numbers don't change though. If we have to still postpone then we will opt for a spring microwedding in 2022. Make it on a Sunday afternoon since I'm sure all the Saturdays will be filled....
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A couple got married despite of Covid. Their guest list had no effect of how many were to attend as it was live streamed. The link was sent to those who RSVP'd.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were originally supposed to get married on NYE with about 120 people. 10 days out, Ontario announced our second lockdown and we quickly shifted to a 10 person ceremony in the park and moved our wedding to our backup date in March, our birthday. We had the most intimate and special day on NYE and then had our reception with 49 people on March 13th. As much as it broke my heart to not have my parents lifelong friends present and some other family and friends, we had the absolute best day and wouldn't change a thing 💜. Plus, we saved about 20k 😅 just put that down against our mortgage 🙌🙌 I was struggling to comprehend spending 40+k on a wedding so I suppose it worked out in a way!!! Now if only our honeymoon didn't get cancelled...
    covid changed your wedding plans? 1
    covid changed your wedding plans? 2

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were originally supposed to be married in July 2020 but we decided to postpone to June 2021 and hoped things would be back to normal. In the end it wasn't and we just couldn't fathom having to postpone again and going through that stress all over. The things that changed was guest list (55 down to 12 plus husband and I), the catering (original meal was supposed to be a 5 course gourmet meal and since they required a $5000 minimum we didn't think that was feasible for just 14 of us, and was changed to a simpler 3 course with a completely different vendor). Who got ready with who, and my dress did change but that was because I lost quite a bit of weight in those 11 months and my original dress wouldn't have looked right with all the alterations that would have had to be made. But I loved my second dress far better than the first! So it all worked out.
    We're still considering having a larger celebration next May and making it a pot luck or simple bbq, or something similar and not as much of a formal affair.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics