Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

covid Blues!

Kelsie, on March 31, 2020 at 21:51

Posted in Before the wedding 41

I was so optimistic COVID would end before any of my bridal events but sadly that came to an end today. Our venue has postponed our event booked for May 3 to June 13. We are very happy they were proactive and gave us the first pick of dates but still - my mom and I had printed things with the date...

I was so optimistic COVID would end before any of my bridal events but sadly that came to an end today.

Our venue has postponed our event booked for May 3 to June 13. We are very happy they were proactive and gave us the first pick of dates but still - my mom and I had printed things with the date on them that we will now have to replace but we're more happy we won't be putting our guests at risk (fingers crossed this is blown over by June...).

There's also a bit of drama with family on the new date as not everyone can make June 13.

Alas, we cannot control COVID and we're doing our best with what we've got.

I may put on my dress this weekend just to remind myself that I'm still a bride and regardless we will get married!

How is everyone holding up? What are some positives that are helping you get through? Have you had to cancel any bridal events so far?

41 Comments

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm July 18 also and we're holding. Our venue is basically fully booked except two dates in winter and we aren't winter people lol if our wedding gets cancelled unfortunately it'll be cancelled and we won't be postponing.

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry! It's really crappy to have everything out of your control and to re-do a bunch of things. Family drama also makes it less fun. Unfortunately, you can't make everyone happy (something I'm learning when we decided to get legally married this weekend despite cancelling everything else). My FH bought me a cricut machine for my birthday at the beginning of the year, so I've been making fun crafty things with it for the postponed wedding next year lol.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am sorry to hear about this!
    I am also going through the same situation, our Stag & Doe in April has now been cancelled, and our Bachelorette and Bachelor party have also been cancelled in June.

The wedding date is July 18th 2020, so we are just crossing our fingers and praying that this is all done and gone by July, that being said, I also know a lot of our guests may not attend for their safety due to COVID-19.

My Venue has given me the option IF I would like to post-pone or to hold the date until time comes closer as there are no more Saturdays available at the Venue I am getting married at, so I would have to postpone until next year, unless I settle to get married on a Sunday or Friday.

Anyone else getting married July that is holding onto their date?

• Aimee
    Newbie November 2020 Ontario
    Aimee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have had to postpone our wedding as well. It was supposed to be April 25th, but we are now looking at a date in November. I work with restaurants in my job, and my fiancee is an essential services worker. By the accounts we have heard, restaurants will be closed until May, at least, and social distancing will likely be in effect until July. For these reasons, we decided to push past the summer into the fall for our day.

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridal shower was cancelled as the city it was in has closed events until June 1. Bachelor party for him was cancelled as it is May 4.
    We have not been contacted by any vendors for our June 20 date- and I assume that is because they’re going week to week. At this time though- it’s not looking promising.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We actually got a ton of responses once we told everyone about the date change (mostly yes) - so that was nice!

So funny we changed to the exact dates for our showers! My bachelorette is in Niagara the weekend before - fingers crossed that goes on as planned!

This is just a terrible time!! ahhh!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm happy this was only a bridal shower and not the wedding. It's a really awful time right now for everyone, even if you aren't ill!

It's too bad all around but I hope your friend is able to get married on her day in June!!

• Kristen
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally know the feeling!
    Funny enough my bridal Shower was originally May 3rd and I moved it last week to June 13th.

People have been nice about the date change which is great, but much like you all my favours and a few other items have the May 3rd date on it.
    Here’s to trying to stay positive & hoping the rest goes as planned!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear that! I hope your wedding goes off without a hitch.

So far still going forward as planned but I think we will have to amend plans for the bachelorette and bridal shower, only due to finances. We were not doing anything extraordinary expensive but all my bridesmaids are now layed off and we are taking a salary cut at work. But that is ok, I am ok to simplify it.

We have friends getting married in June so I hope they get to have their weddings as is.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics