Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

covid 19 Vaccine Approved

Amanda, on December 9, 2020 at 15:50

Posted in WeddingWire 45

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen! It looks like we FINALLY got the approval and Vaccinations are to start next week! This is looking very HOPEFUL for the 2021 Brides and Grooms. I am hoping this helps reduce restrictions this way we have the opportunity to have a "somewhat" normal wedding. They also said...

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen!

It looks like we FINALLY got the approval and Vaccinations are to start next week! This is looking very HOPEFUL for the 2021 Brides and Grooms. I am hoping this helps reduce restrictions this way we have the opportunity to have a "somewhat" normal wedding. They also said they are expected to receive 4 Million Vaccines by March 2021.

What do you think about this Vaccine? Will you be taking it?

It seems they will not make it Mandatory BUT will put restrictions on those who don't which I will assume would be Flying as a major one... That being said, I am leaning towards taking it as I would like to go on my Honeymoon and if the Vaccine is required... Well... I have my hands tied!

Anyways, sorry for my rant but this does excite me A LOT! How are you feeling about this?

45 Comments

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I get where you are coming from for sure. I do hope they take this vaccine to the provinces and cities with some of the highest recorded cases which means Toronto should be one that gets this first, but I guess we have to wait and see, but still feeling hopeful about it! Smiley ups

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It makes me really hopeful, but I'm still hesitant to believe that 2021 will be normal.
    4 million doses can treat 2 million Canadians, less than 1/10 of our population. With the stress on immunizing our healthcare workers and the elderly I doubt that most of us will see a vaccine in our arms before next winter. I'm not sure if our government is hoping for herd immunity or what percentage of the population needs the vaccine to provide herd immunity, but the hoards of antivaxxers also make me super nervous.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a Debbie Downer sometimes! Here's hoping that I'm wrong and we can get back to the good old days!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My step dad said years ago you would have to bring your immunization with your passport everywhere. I dont remember that ever being a thing so I guess we are just going bavk to that....
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know how you feel! I waited one year already by postponing, I will NOT be doing it again. I just want to marry my Fiancé so we can continue our life plans !Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes me too Girl! Keep my finger crossed for all of us! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg yes you are absolutely right. I hope they go to the areas in RED or in Lock down first in order to help reduce numbers.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know I agree LMFAO.
    If they say we need the vaccine in order to travel... Well I will give them my best arm to stick me with it lol

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Kim,
    Yes, but they have thousands of Vaccines to start, which is still SOMETHING!
    I am staying hopeful for you this way your grandparents can be present and not so worried on your BIG day! Smiley smile

• A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm excited too! A little nervous to see how many people choose not to get it, since that may mean they can't attend large gatherings. But I can't wait for life to go back to normal!
  • Bella
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Bella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The news is super hopeful. I'm hoping to take one by summer 2021. I would love to go on an international holiday, so hopefully the vaccine really helps reduce numbers worldwide
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wonder what the distribution ratio will be like because apparently who it goes to is a provincial decision. We're only getting around 249K doses for the whole country this year but with 40% of the population in Ontario and the second highest case count, will we be getting the bulk of the doses?

Here's hoping the government doesn't screw up the roll out like they did with testing and the flu shot.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think I will be allowed to work if I don't get the vaccine. Though I do not appreciate being told what I have to put in my body I also am not at a point in my life where I can not work either. I will be one of the first sacrificial lambs lol 😆
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This news is super exciting! I'm 100% in on getting the vaccine as I want this nightmare to be over.

Although my wedding is in May, and not everyone will be vaccinated by then, I'm thinking that at least my grandparents and those most vulnerable will be, so I'll take it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics