Skip to main content
Grace
Beginner October 2020 Ontario

Covid- 19 June 6, 2020 wedding

Grace, on March 20, 2020 at 14:59

Posted in Wedding reception 64

Hi to all my brides out there! what a crazy moment in time we鈥檙e currently in. My heart goes out to all of the brides that have had to cancel or postpone weddings thus far 馃挄 My wedding is June 6, 2020 in Peterborough, On. Our wedding has 60 guests. I am struggling to know if i should wait it out...
Hi to all my brides out there! what a crazy moment in time we鈥檙e currently in. My heart goes out to all of the brides that have had to cancel or postpone weddings thus far 馃挄


My wedding is June 6, 2020 in Peterborough, On. Our wedding has 60 guests. I am struggling to know if i should wait it out until mid April to see what is happening, or be proactive and reschedule for later in summer now.
i really need your advice.
TIA


64 Comments

  • Delaney
    Beginner July 2021 Alberta
    Delaney
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thank you, and same to you! Just try to stay positive but make sure you have a plan b if things go south. Best of luck鉂わ笍
    • Reply
  • Brandie
    Newbie June 2021 Alberta
    Brandie
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

    Our wedding date is July 11, 2020 as well. Smiley smile I feel the same way. Hopefully we can both still have our dream weddings on the day we chose. Sending good vibes your way!

    • Reply
  • Brandie
    Newbie June 2021 Alberta
    Brandie
    • Dispute

    Our wedding is supposed to be July 11, 2020. The date was picked by my twin step sons, and it is engraved onto my fiance's wedding band... I really do not want to postpone. Obviously we may not have much of a choice depending on how all this plays out, but I am holding out hope that we can still have our wedding on our day. I am going to wait until May to decide, if things have not gotten any better by then it is clear that we will have to postpone.

    • Reply
  • Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    We鈥檝e decided to mail out the rest of our invites today so that everybody at least has the invites so if we need to postpone we can just send out a digital reminder. Just something we figured we鈥檇 do since i spent so much time designing them and money printing. I鈥檇 hate for it to go to waste. Lucky enough I have two outfits!! One for our ceremony (a traditional dress) and one for our reception (which is my white dress) so if we have to postpone, my white dress will still be a nice surprise! I鈥檓 praying that this at least settles down significantly over the next month, wishful thinking but let鈥檚 stay positive!!
    • Reply
  • Delaney
    Beginner July 2021 Alberta
    Delaney
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

    Okay cool, that's exactly what we are thinking too! Nobody wants to be at a wedding reception where no one can sit beside each other or even hug. I would just hate to look back and think about how distant and detached it all felt, so if postponing our reception is what's best we'll for sure do that. And if your venue is indoors postponing to fall/winter really wouldn't be much of a hassle, plus getting to wear your wedding dress twice doesn't hurt!

    It just sucks how uncertain this all is. I'm sure as brides we can agree that not being in control of the outcome is a special kind of torture haha

    • Reply
  • Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Omg Delaney I feel you!! I am so set on getting married on that day. Because of our culture we are actually have two wedding days. The 3rd of July was supposed to be our official 鈥渕arriage/ceremony鈥 and the 10th our reception which is the one that鈥檚 much bigger in scale. We鈥檒l wait until May 31st to decide what we鈥檒l do but if we have to postpone, we鈥檒l still have our ceremony on the the 3rd with our families and then postpone the big reception to maybe August-October somewhere in between.
    • Reply
  • Delaney
    Beginner July 2021 Alberta
    Delaney
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

    Our wedding date is July 11 2020 and we're planning on waiting until June 11 to make our decision. Are you planning on postponing your ceremony & reception or just your reception? We still really want to get married on the day we chose but I'm so worried that it just won't feel the same if this pandemic is still going on Smiley sad

    • Reply
  • Justine
    Newbie April 2022 Ontario
    Justine
    • Dispute

    June 6 bride here! We have rescheduled for September Smiley sad Sad but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

    • Reply
  • Eugenie
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Eugenie
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I鈥檓 also 脿 June 27th bride!! I definitely sympathize as all my family is in eastern Canada. It鈥檚 so hard to know what to do Smiley sad
    • Reply
  • Eugenie
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Eugenie
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I鈥檓 脿 June 27th 2020 bride as well! We鈥檙e getting married in Ottawa and I have no idea when we should either pull the plug and tell our guests were rescheduling if we need to.... I guess the decision will be made for us based upon whether venues can open.
    • Reply
  • E
    Newbie August 2020 Quebec
    Eva
    • Dispute
    We were supposed to get married August 29, 2020 with 200 guests. Quebec, Canada is in full quarantine until April 13th at best Unfortunately due to my dress coming from Italy and my bridesmaids not having bought their dresses yet, I'm pretty sure we will ebev get them on time at this point, we have decided that if the quarantine is not lifted we will be postponing the wedding until 2021.


    This is such a horrible situation for anyone getting married this year but this way family members can stay safe and no one has to worry about whether or not they have a job at our wedding.
    Keep your heads up ladies!
    • Reply
  • Linttvar
    Newbie March 2021 British Columbia
    Linttvar
    • Dispute

    Plan the reception after this mess. So much less stress. So many fewer questions.


    • Reply
  • switzeco
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    switzeco
    • Dispute
    Also in ptbo with a September wedding. We have talked about potentially postponing ours as we are worried about finances of those close to us. We also have a lot of out of town guest. It all depends on you and what鈥檚 gonna out you at ease! Check in with your vendors as well, they may have more information for you.
    • Reply
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    That's good then Emily!
    • Reply
  • Emily
    Newbie May 2021 British Columbia
    Emily
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

    We have to change because our venue's next available dates weren't until late 2021 and we didn't want to wait that long Smiley sad Thankfully we had only paid a small deposit for it which I'm hoping they refund us for..fingers crossed!

    • Reply
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Im a fellow June 27th bride bride too. I understand what you are going through 鉂 why a new venue though?
    • Reply
  • Nicole
    Newbie September 2020 British Columbia
    Nicole
    • Dispute

    We are also getting married June 6th... After speaking with a few different planners and reaching out to vendors I'm going to wait to make any decisions until closer to May. My planner has said to keep planning and preparing for June 6. It's stressful but unfortunately all we can do is wait and see how the next 4 weeks or so go!

    • Reply
  • Emily
    Newbie May 2021 British Columbia
    Emily
    • Dispute

    My wedding was supposed to be on June 27th, 2020 and I have been planning it for almost 2 years :'( All of my family live outside of Canada though so we're not really seeing any other option but to postpone. I feel so many different emotions Smiley sad It is nice knowing a lot of brides out there know what we're going through though. I just still can't believe it all! I think we will postpone to October 17 now, but we will have to get a new venue. Trying to stay positive and turn this negative situation into a positive one! Hoping the best for everyone Smiley heart

    • Reply
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea
    • Dispute
    I鈥檓 also june 6, and we鈥檙e trying to hold out until may 1st to make a decision. ugh.
    • Reply
  • D
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Denyse
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I was in the same vote, my wedding was May 17 and I postpone it until July 18th and even then i dont know if that is going to work out. I feel for all of us, we have been planning are wedding since 2018 everything is paid for. The other issue is not every vendor will refund the money you put out. So far most of my vendors are avaiable July 18th except my DJ and I asked him to let me know about the refund and I have not heard from him so i might have lost that money. My wedding is small a little over 60ppl. I think you should reach out to your venue see what possible dates they may have available. Once you have some dates then contact your vendors and see if those dates work for them. Ones you have all the info you can make a choice. Good luck and stay safe.
    • Reply
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

    Me too only my original date was May 02 and now will be July 18th, oh well, will make for part of our wedding story!!


    • Reply
  • Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt
    • Dispute
    I'm getting married July 18. No matter what. If it's just me, hubby & immediate family in his mom's backyard, then that's what I'm doing. It'll be 4 years since we've been engaged & I don't want to wait anymore. We will of course post pone our reception.
    • Reply
  • Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia
    • Dispute
    I鈥檓 waiting to see what happens in early May and then I鈥檒l decide whether or not to postpone my July wedding. I鈥檓 hoping not because what a waste on all those invites!!
    • Reply
  • J
    Beginner June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Jordan
    • Dispute
    We already postponed our march 27th wedding to June 5th. Hoping we dont have to do it again
    • Reply
  • D
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Denyse
    • Dispute
    Hi Grace
    My wedding is May 17 and I have been working with my venue since Last Thusday in postponing my wedding to another date. She came back with few dates for June and July. We decided to go with July 18th. So far most of my vendors are aviable that day. The sad thing is my vendors are non refundable, if things are worst buy june i might have to fine a new date again. Crazy a pandemic. I would see how things look in mid April howrver i would reach out to your venue. I have a feeling a lot of brides are scrambling to change their date. Wish you all the best and keep safe.
    • Reply
  • S
    Newbie July 2020 Tanzania
    Saima
    • Dispute
    I swear we all brides are in the same situation . I pray that everything calms down and we all can have our weddings as planned. If god wishes
    • Reply
  • Maria
    Beginner October 2020 British Columbia
    Maria
    • Dispute

    Wish you all the luck with your wedding
    • Reply
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W
    • Dispute
    I contacted the location coordinator and they are going to send me a list of other dates just in case we have to reschedule. They said the date change and when we decide by will be up to me. So I'm likely deciding mid May for my June 27th wedding. If we rebook we are doing it next year to avoid rebooking twice.
    • Reply
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha
    • Dispute
    I'm in the same boat at you. I would wait until mid april to make a decision. You can always reach out to your venue to see what your options are? You still have some time.
    • Reply
  • Chelsye
    Newbie June 2021 British Columbia
    Chelsye
    • Dispute
    My wedding is June 13 and I am in the same boat as you. We are planning to have 75 but if the restrictions stay at a 50 person max I might just have to tell 15 of our guests sorry but you can鈥檛 come?! I really really do not want to postpone so if it means having a smaller wedding to still make it happen, that鈥檚 most likely what we will do. Still such a terrible and sad time either way Smiley sad
    • Reply
  • Genevi猫ve
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Genevi猫ve
    • Dispute
    I鈥檓 sorry you鈥檙e stuck in this stress of covid! I hope we all get answers soon!
    Is your venue and vendors flexible about moving your date? If you can push back, I would because even if it clears up sooner rather than later, you鈥檒l have some breathing room to work in.
    • Reply
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie
    • Dispute
    I鈥檓 waiting to see if the ban gets lifted March 31 (I don鈥檛 think it will at this time).


    I think they鈥檒l extend it for another two weeks (again a guess) and I鈥檒l again wait to see what happens.
    If you get nervous I鈥檇 definitely chat with your venue and see what they are thinking!
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×
ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics