Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Newbie July 2024 Manitoba

Couples getting married on July 6, 2024 in Manitoba

Emily, on October 10, 2022 at 14:27 Posted in Manitoba 0 8
Hi friends!
My name is Emily and my fiancé’s name is Konnor and we have booked our venue for July 6th, 2024, just like all of you! How are things going with everyone’s planning? It would be great to get an idea of who’s doing what at what pace and have a space where we can all relate to each other regarding timelines and what not!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Carissa, on May 25, 2023 at 16:11
  • C
    Carissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emily,

Congrats on your date Smiley smile We're actually doing ours a week after yours on the 13th.

Already got the venue books so that we could lock in the date we absolutely wanted and booked the photographer as I know they can get booked super quickly once wedding season hits.

Personally, I'm the "get everything ready and picked out sooner than later" but that's so I'm not panicking or having anxiety as the wedding date gets closer, so we've started looking into out vendors (music, linens, officiant) and of course the dress. Cake, hair and make-up probably closer to the 9 month mark and then just confirm the food sometime in the new year.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and a stress-free wedding as you deserve Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! Smiley heart

That's so great to hear! Smiley heart

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like a great plan. Thank you so much for the info! I’ll keep posted about how you that goes the further I get into planning!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would wait once you hit the 1-year mark, speak to them about your concerns. With covid you can never be too careful, and it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon. I would ask if you could put $100 deposit, and then 6 months closer to the wedding if all goes well, put half and then 1 week before the wedding I would pay them off. Some places will work with you, don't be shy to negotiate and tell them what you want.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Amanda!
    Congratulations on your wedding!!
    The planning is going so well!! We are so excited, it’s hard to stop ourselves from doing everything right away! We recently booked our venue and are taking it easy for a while until we send our save-the-dates!!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing Carine! Congratulations to you as well!!
    It’s so great that you started right away. We did that as well!! We booked our venue straight away and thank you for the timeline tips!!
    Will definitely start searching for my dress soon as well. We are looking to book our caterer soon but something someone said has stuck with me - since the one we’re looking at is a smaller business and we are booking for about 1 1/2 years in advance, we should wait to book them in case of the possibility that they go out of business. With Covid the past few years and how that affected businesses I am especially worried about that. How long in your opinion should we wait on that? That’s something I’m torn on right now.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to WeddingWire Emily and congrats on the engagement and upcoming wedding! Smiley heart

How is the planning process going for you so far?!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to Wedding wire and Congratulations on your wedding.

You will find a lot of helpful tips here and new ideas, feel free to join conversations.

I'm getting married September 2023, and all the little things are ready just need to meet with the venue and start the actual wedding planning process.

I sent out my save the dates 14 months ahead and the actual invitation I will send out in June.

The minute I got engaged I started everything, who was in the party, flowers, cake, booking venues. By the summer I was done decorations and gifts. I only have my welcome sign and my seating chart. Welcome Sign I will do it this winter since I need projects to keep me busy and I'll start the seating chart and stop at the names.

I would at least get your venue booked especially if you are stuck on a certain date, and don't wait too long for your wedding dress.

But you have a bit of time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics