Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Couples getting married on 28/July/2018 in Ontario

Amanda, on September 13, 2016 at 08:42 Posted in Ontario 0 2

Been playing around on here and have been told that so many other lovely couples are getting married on the same day. Too cool - and in the same province too. We've decided to go with Bean Town Ranch just outside of Ottawa - great space for a rustic country wedding. Smiley smile Would love to hear what everyone else is doing, and share the love.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Liron, on February 24, 2018 at 21:41
  • Liron
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Liron ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hiya! Smiley smile

Its awesome to know our special day will also be a special one for so many other couples. Congrats to everyone!!! Smiley ring

My best friend and hero of 16 years are tying the knot at the historic Heintzman House in Thornhill-Markham. It is the most romantic and elegant venue! Quite reasonably priced too. And it is perfect for me... since I am a huge history buff. Its like it was all meant to be.

With four months left to go until the big day, I have all my vendors booked and settled. There are other smaller things left to take care of like the rings, vows, centerpieces, finalize the cake, but the main thing is my dress, groom tux rental and bridal party attire.

How are you guys getting along with your wedding planning?

Cheers,

Liron V.V (soon to be Deline Smiley heart )

• Amanda
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello,

So much activity on here - love it!

Right now I have put a deposit on the venue, as they are already booking two years in advance (crazy right?). We had three dates in mind and two of them were taken, so we jumped on the third.

Booking the venue is actually a very touching story. My grandmother passed away about 9 years ago and left me a little bit of money, I used most of it to get through school - but kept a little bit aside to spend on something I know Grandma would have wanted to help with. Even in the tough times when I was broke I never touched a cent, and being able to pay the deposit for the venue with it was very emotional for me. I think it is what she would have wanted! Smiley smile

I've been "planning" my wedding for years - even when I was not even thinking about marriage. Most of the details are actually done already, but it's too early to start buying things because then I'd have to store them for two years.

The dress - well - that's a good story too, which requires a bit of background.

I had met my fiance much earlier but was already with someone and planning to move to another province (which I did). We stayed in touch and he was actually a big support for me when things were going badly. He said, "I know you have to go, but when you come back (and I know you will) I'll be here for you." He was right, six months later I was back, and he was the one who drove to get me from the airport. Smiley heart

About a week after I moved home I was walking downtown with my Mother and we passed this dress shop. There was a gorgeous dress in the window display and I casually said to her "that's my wedding dress" - she said, well I think you'd better get engaged first. Fast forward and here I am, I went into the shop (the dress no longer in the window), and walked right up to the rack - picked it out in 30 seconds - and said, "this was in the window a while back, right?" The woman was impressed and said that yes, it was. I put it on and that was it...no other dress needed to be tried - although I did put on a different style just for fun. Actually took photos in both to send to everyone and 90% picked "MY" dress. Hahaha.

Whew, that went on a little longer that I anticipated. Smiley tongue

Anyway...thanks for the links, I will be sure to check them out!

- Mandi

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amanda! Smiley heart

Welcome! So happy to see you in the community!! Smiley catface That's such a lovely message!

I love the idea of getting married on a ranch, it's gives it such a simple and romantic feel! While more people join your discussion, you can take a look at these discussion in the community to meet more people who are also getting married in 2018 and in Ontario.

Who is getting married in 2018?

Who is getting married in Ontario in 2017?

I also just created this discussion for you. You can use of the ideas and give them a more rustic feel. Let me know which ones you like! Smiley smile

10 ideas for a wedding in blue

What step are you at in your planning? Did you start looking at dresses yet?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics