Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie June 2017 Quebec

Couples getting married on 23/June/2017 in Quebec

Nikolay, on February 21, 2017 at 11:48 Posted in Quebec 0 1

Hi guys,

This message that 7 couples are getting married at the same time in the same place really made me nervous! It turned out that they meant Quebec. Smiley smile Also this ticking calendar adds to my anxiety. I see that all group members are female. Is it customary for men in Quebec to wait for a woman to prepare everything? Smiley smile

1 Comment

Latest activity by Emilie, on February 22, 2017 at 06:00
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Nikolay! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart I'm glad your joining us! We definitely need more groom opinions in here! Smiley laugh You can participate in the discussions to meet more people getting married around the same time and share your planning ideas: Who is getting married in June 2017?

How are your preparations going so far? What's left on your planning before the big day?

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOL ooooooooomg I was just talking about this with my friend... It appears that the custom is for (in heterosexual couples with 'typical' gender roles) women to do most if not all of the preparations for the wedding day (not just in Quebec), I find it really awesome that you have signed up and are getting involved by posting questions!! I will tackle your stuff first, as it is only fair, but is there anything that we can help with! Anything in particular that is making you anxious, or just overall? Let us know, there are tons of people here willing to help!!!! Smiley smile And if you don't mind, I would love to pick your brain a bit! I wonder if my fiance will stumble upon this discussion, because he has signed up, but I think I will ask my question anyways: I am having a bit of trouble getting my fiance to help me out with preparations.. do you have any advice to offer? He has tons of opinions and has his own set of expectations for our day, so I think it is only fair that he helps out, but on the flip side, I have a steady job, and technically have evenings off (not that I want to spend every evening planning this alone), and he is doing his PhD, so he is supposed to be working practically around the clock (he obviously does take breaks and rest lol). Thoughts?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics