Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Talita
Frequent user January 2018 Ontario

Couples getting married on 13/January/2018 in Ontario

Talita, on February 12, 2017 at 21:58 Posted in Ontario 0 3

Hello, my fiance and I just got engaged last December and we are in the process of finding a venue. I'm a little overwhelmed with this whole planning stuff and trying to find the perfect place for us inside our budget. Not an easy task. How is everyone doing? in which steps of planing are you? Anyone in the Quinte West area? I'd love to hear about everyone experiences... Good luck and congrats on your engagement! Smiley laugh

3 Comments

Latest activity by Lynz, on February 14, 2017 at 10:00
  • Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really is the most stressful part i have found so far but i only just started as well so im sure things are bound to arise...once you have the venue then you can startbto actually visualize the day and know where to start looking next because you will know what the venue inckudes and what you need tk do on your own. Glad to hear you have narrowed it down to make it less stressful of a choice...let us know what you decide if you feel comfotable ☺
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Talita! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart I'm so happy to see you've already met a few people in here. This is going to make your preparations so much more fun! Have you already looked at the venues near you in our directory? Wedding Venues near Trenton

When replying to a comment in the community, you can click reply below our comment.That way we'll get a notification with your answer and will be able to continue the conversation Smiley smile

You shoudl also meet the other brides who recently joined the community! That way you can all share your ideas together: Step 1 for the new bride: Let's meet!

Step 2 for the new bride: Where are you getting married?

Step 3 for the new bride: When are you getting married?

How many guests are you inviting to your wedding? Smiley smile

• Talita
    Frequent user January 2018 Ontario
    Talita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for your tips, they are really helpful... My fiance and I are leaning more towars having the wedding here instead of the destinations wedding. More because I wanna have the experience of my mom and I working together to get things done. We are very crafty and I think we will enjoy having some DIY projects to share and put our personal touch to it.

I want a cozy place, to make it very intimate and ellegant. We saw some banquet style venues and they are nice, but I feel they might be too fancy and big. However, the banquets place around here have everything included already which would make a lot less stressful. I think we are about to decide. We have a couple that are our favourites so far. This is the most stressful part anyways. The choice of the venue is the most important, so we are taking our time and considering everything.

• Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello.
    Im not from your area but I am from Ontario (Durham Region) and have recently booked our venue after a 4 month search. Were getting married April 2018 so close to your date. My best advice for a place to start, if you have not already, is find out if you and your Fiance are on the same page with what you want...i thought my Fiance would want outdoor so i researched the venues to come and find out he wanted indoor all along and only wanted outdoor (because i originally wanted a destination beach wedding but long story short were now doing a wedding here) so he thought outdoor would make me happy...but the more we talked we realized what we wanted to do here and now we found a lovely Cafe that turn into our space for our intimate ceremony and reception. When you have a type of venue you want...golf course...hotel...winery...park etc. Wedding wire here is great and you can search by type and send multiple vendors messgaes making it easy then review the packages and see if they are in your fit....do you have anything in mind to help narrow down your search? Or know anything your really dont want? Also do you want an 'all inclusive' venue so to speak or one that you can add your own vendors and touches too?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics