Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Donna
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

Costs of Rings

Donna, on November 26, 2018 at 20:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16

Should a Man's Wedding band be just as expensive as a Woman's or not?

Smiley ring

16 Comments

Latest activity by Monica, on December 30, 2018 at 20:12
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé didn’t want an expensive ring for himself, as he is afraid of damaging it and he’s far less careful with expensive things.. he also wanted to spend majority of our budget on my ring as he knows I love my diamonds!!
  • Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley ring Rings!!!

Our rings were way over priced. During the course of a few months I found another place to get our Rings,. Since my fiance' will only be wearing his ring for on the wedding day/reception and also honeymoon. The line of work he does won't be able to wear it. My rings are nicer also better price for what we were looking for. Thanks for all your comments, it's great being to listen to other Brides and their experiences

• Samantha
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé’s wedding band was about 850 and mine was 1200. All dependant on what we liked. Also both custom made!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I actually went ring shopping for me, together! it was such a great experience for both of us. We found my dream ring on sale actually which was AMAZING since we are trying to save for the wedding. the final cost for mine was $1,300 roughly. His dream ring he wants will only cost me about $300 which is totally okay! I dont think its about the cost.. it should be about how much they love it. unless you're like me and my FH we knew we had a budget of $1,000 for my ring.. but I fell in love with one that was a tiny bit over budget and that was okay. we were willing to put a little extra into that, and then we will cut a cost a little bit somewhere else.

• Jenny
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it really depends on the style. My fiancee and I got our ring bands at Tiffany's. Mine was $2,900 (thin channel of diamonds) but my fiancee's ring band cost $3,150.... If he really likes it and the cost is not over your budget, it doesn't really matter whose ring costs more.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cost can vary based on metal finish and mm measurement. We chose simple White Gold 5mm for $249 each. I had seen much higher costing for men rings in gold, silver, platinum going over $500 each. Search around to find the perfect ring and discount to save on the cost.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this!

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great come backs, Your all pretty much on the ball. My Fiancee' ring would be 1500.00 got it on sale for 750.00. My rings were abit then that. Smiley ring

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Again it depends. My wedding band is part of a set so I only had the one option that costs a certain amount.
    My FH didn’t want any diamonds/anything too flashy so he got a black tungsten ring that was cheaper than my ring.
    It totally depends in each person’s style but they don’t have to be the same cost.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's no hard and fast rules for this. I say that as long as both people who are getting married are happy with their rings, the cost shouldn't matter (in terms of whose is more expensive).

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He should just get whatever one he wants, and if it's more or less than yours it shouldn't matter as long as its in the budget...

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking so, if not more! Men don't tend to have an engagement ring so if they do want bling on their wedding band then it will increase the price of it. My FH designed both of our wedding bands and it will be more expensive than mine because although they will match, he will have bigger stones on his because he doesn't have a big diamond already.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husbands ring cost about $50 more than mine. I think they were $450 and $500?

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm hoping they will cost roughly the same. We both want simple bands, no diamonds, so I think we should be able to get ours for around $500 each.

• S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I bought our wedding bands this weekend (Black Friday specials were on). They cost exactly the same amount for each. Mine ya diamonds around the band and his is etched gold.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depends! A diamond wedding band for a woman probably starts anywhere from $400... but a men's band without diamonds can be a similar price....

My band has a thin channel of diamonds, and it will be about $600ish... my fiance's ring is damascus steel with a jade wood inset, and I got it on sale for about $600.

Diamond styles he liked were upwards of $1200.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics