Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allie
Newbie September 2023 Alberta

Costco for flowers

Allie, on August 17, 2021 at 14:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Had anyone used Costco for their wedding flowers?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on August 19, 2021 at 15:59
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used them, I had them delivered two days before my wedding so they would open up right on time, I arranged them in my house (but you need a lot of supplies and space for this if you're DIYing the arrangements) and stored them in the basement to keep them cold.

This convo about Costco flowers has some pictures

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have gone back and forth on what I want for flowers. I was considering to go with a Toronto florist just for the wedding party and parent’s flowers. Since it costs a lot of money, I am considering getting flowers from Costco for just the centrepieces. I know more greenery can balance the price. They do have greenery runners for tables at Costco. Again, I’m not sure about the quality.

All the best,Stephanie
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My coworkers daughter did two years ago and they look beautiful on her table centerpieces. I am planning to order my flowers from Costco. I did a lot of research!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister and sister in law used Costco florals. You place your order in advance so that they ensure you get quality florals at the right time (you may already know this but in response to below). They were both SOOO happy. They were beautiful (mind you they didn't get the premade arrangements; they ordered the florals and greenery and had someone they know put them together. I should add, my sister's wedding was 20 years ago and my SILs was 3 years ago. Both were very impressed. I still have my bouquet (dried) from 20 years ago 😂😂😂.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The thing with Costco, like any other grocery store flower section, is that you're at the mercy of what they have at the time and you have to go get it yourself on the day of. Some people try to get it the day before but the fact is, we don't have the equipment to keep flowers fresh and fully bloomed for a long period of time.

If you don't have much flowers planned (bouquets only and no decor or centerpieces) and flowers overall are not a big deal for you (you're not obsessed with the arrangement and look), then it should be fine though I recommend getting it the day of instead of the day before for reasons mentioned above.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics