Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious September 2020 Alberta

Costco Flowers

Taylor, on June 24, 2020 at 10:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Curious if anyone has any idea if and when costco will be selling bulk flowers again? We were planning on getting about half of our flowers from there, and all of a sudden they don't have florals on their website any more! I don't know if it's just temporary because of COVID, or if they just aren't selling them any more. I'm a bit heartbroken because none of our local florists sell white rose petals, let alone large enough quantities of any type of flower petals for what we were hoping for.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Tara, on July 12, 2020 at 10:19
  • Tara
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was on the Costco website last night and the bulk flowers are back
  • Tiffany
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm likely going through one of the bridal places in the city I live in. They do real and silk options. So I'll be doing silk flowers and then the bridal party will have pretty cool keepsakes in the bouquets, etc.

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have you checked michaels or other craft stores?I had an idea of what I wanted since we started planning in 2018 and a few days ago I stumbled upon a 60% off spring florals sale at Michaels.The one with the pearls is my inspiration and the other is what I found for $5 a piece.They had tons of options in different price points and amazon is also a great place for faux flowers.Costco Flowers 1
    Costco Flowers 2

• Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ordered faux flowers from Aliexpress and they turned out amazing! They look real and feel real as well.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have had friends who got from costco and loved them. they may have stopped flowers for covid. i would call the location by you and ask since you dont need them for a little bit

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My original plans to order faux flowers from an American website were foiled by the crazy shipping fees and the exchange rate. My new plan after talking to local florists is to make paper flowers! Hopefully I don't suck at them because I feel like I'm running out of options.
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I wondered about. No, I haven't talked to anyone there yet. We will be going to Costco in the next couple of weeks and I was going to talk to someone about it then and see if they have any idea if they will be selling bulk flowers any time soon.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I noticed last week that they've taken them off their website. It felt like a punch to the gut as far as options go.

Talking to a local florist it's apparently been difficult to import flowers in and the shipments are delayed and often arrive without the whole order. My guess is Costco can't get them cheap enough, or can't guarantee the shipping time. Have you asked anyone at Costco about it?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics