Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Curious November 2026 Alberta

Cost of Flowers and Decor?

Bea, on May 30, 2023 at 21:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22
How much did you spend on flowers and decor?
Bonus if you’re getting married in Banff Alberta.
Fiancé and I have budgeted $4000 for a 40 person wedding. I know that chair covers, charger plates, runners etc can add up. I plan on spending $600 on flowers for the wedding party. We’re each having one attendant each.

22 Comments

Latest activity by Bea, on June 25, 2023 at 02:35
  • B
    Bea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our planner is saving us thousands so our decor will be under 2K. I’m so glad!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

3 bouquets $250 and venue provides decor so included in my cost.

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having two attendants and spending about $700 for linens, napkins, candles, silk/ faux flowers (our moms and groomsmen are horribly allergic to real), and signage. I’m diy practically all of it, wouldn’t have even attempted to do it all without a cricut and Canva. The candles and flowers were purchased in bulk from michaels, dollarama, etc. We’re having about 45-50 people.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think you definitely can!
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is the $4000 for flower and decor only? I personally think you can. Espeically for a smaller size wedding.

All in for flowers and decor for both the ceremony and reception I am paying $2,700.00 in total.

• B
    Bea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Maybe I can lower my decor and flower budget?
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile I am doing a 40 person wedding and we both have 2 people standing up with us.

For a cost breakdown I am paying in total $1650.00 for all my flowers - compared to an other company in the area that quoted me over $5000.00 for the same thing. Here is all that I am getting:

1 Large bride bouquet $295, 2 bridesmaid bouquets $220, 4 boutonnieres $96, Wedding Arch $425, Table centerpieces (7) $385, Cake flowers $45 and Delivery & Set up is $125.00

I was very impressed with the cost.

• B
    Bea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love Facebook Marketplace!! We got so many deals from there.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• B
    Bea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Gorgeous! I love the clean lines.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what our decor looked like. We were very lucky that our venue didn't need a lot!

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 1

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 2

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 3

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 4

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 5

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 6

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 7

• Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally agree. For me it was the logistics that really helped me make the decision. Most venues that offer a fridge, that fridge isn't designed to store flowers, they are designed to store food. Because of this real flowers don't keep as well as they would in a flower store cooler. The lady at my venue was very candid and honest with me and let me know there was a chance the quality of real flowers would decline overnight, so it would need to be a day of pick-up. That just wasn't realistic, I want to decorate etc the day before.

Anyways long story short just talk to your venue and make sure you have the logistics ironed out so those expensive, real flowers look as good as they can day of!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our venue also had our table linens and we just used the chairs that they had didn't do anything special to them since they were already beautiful they way they were

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We bought a lot of stuff from facebook market place. Found great deals during christmas! We bought a few things from Dollarama, and party city and Safeway!

• B
    Bea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    May I see your decor?
  • B
    Bea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your flowers are gorgeous. Sadly, my fiancé doesn’t want artificial flowers. I think they are much more economical.
  • B
    Bea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your bouquet is gorgeous! That would be big enough for me!

I’m thinking of the cost of centrepieces and ceremony decor as well. That’s why I budgeted so much.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For real flowers we ended up spending $1,000.00 this included delivery and was 5 centerpieces and loose rose petals - they were larger so I was happy with this. Decor...I would say between $500-1,000.00. I used a rental company, Vintage Bash, for a faux garland to drape over welcome sign, easel floor stand, sequin table cloth, rented candle holders, marquee BAR sign, + all of my Etsy ordered Decor items lol I would say for both flowers and Decor we spent around $2,000.00 for our 25 person wedding but they were important items for me. Charger plates were grouped in with caterer rentals costs and honestly to me, they really helped complete the look of the table because we had our plates at the food station so I think it would have looked pretty bare without.

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 8

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 9

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 10

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Banff Bride Here as well lol!

I went with Blue Lakes Floral Design for our wedding and for the bridal bouquet (i wanted a big one) it is $295.00, the bridesmaid is $110.00 and the boutonniere's are $24 each. So in total for your wedding, if you decide to do a large bouquet it comes to, $455 ish (without delivery and set up). I was quoted $125.00 for those. Which with tax should bring you around the $600.00 mark.

For reference here is the bouquet I asked for!

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 11

• Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Banff bride here!! My FH and I are getting married at Mt. Norquay in September. Because it’s a big wedding I am trying to DIY and save wherever possible. I got my flowers, the bridesmaid bouquets (4), men’s boutonnières (6) and moms corsages (2) all off of Amazon and Etsy. Those totalled just under $400. They’re all silk/fake and dried and I’m thrilled with the quality.

The decorations I am renting from a local girl I found on Facebook. She is doing centrepieces for 15 tables, sweetheart table deco, guestbook/card table, signage (welcome, seating chart), aisle flowers and shepherds hooks, and our altar for $640.
    We aren’t doing charger plates or chair sashes. This is obviously personal, our wedding is a rustic feel and I didn’t feel the need for them.
    So for a wedding of ~120 we spent about $1100 on our flowers and deco

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 12
    Cost of Flowers and Decor? 13

Cost of Flowers and Decor? 14
    Cost of Flowers and Decor? 15

• B
    Bea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow! How did you spend so little?
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I spent just a little over $900 for flowers. 10 centerpieces, 2 bouquets, 5 corsages and 6 boutonnieres.

We spent around $600 for decor. We also had a 40 person wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics