What does an average wedding cost?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on April 19, 2022 at 10:21
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone that it differs with every couple! number of guests plays a huge factor that will affect the cost. Our wedding is between 40-45k

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I believe WeddingWire provides a decent scope of what an "average" wedding can cost based on the numbers they put in your "budget" tab on your profile. I used it alot when coming up with my budget (along with numbers we got from friends who got married recently) and there were definitely some things we didn't spend as much on and other we spent a bit more.

As it stands, I'm looking at about $18k budget based of vendors we have secured as well as projected costs I expect to pay.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every couple is different on how they want to spend their money for a wedding. It wil also depend on where you want to get married and how many people you're wanting to have attend your day. You can have a wedding from $5000 - $100,000

My fiance and I are spending around $35k for our wedding

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Hank and Carmel!
    It very much varies and depends upon what you want and what you’re going to have. Guests list is the main one, knowing how many to depend upon the venue and catering. Then everything else is additional depends on your like and choices.

For my hubby and I, ours varied around 10K. Because we did not plan to put a lot of money on the wedding, as we had other plans. Then some of our families helped in their own way and did not have a lot of outside vendors except for catering and venue.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As Hank said, this can vary greatly. It will depend what you want. For example, for the same number of guests (120), my SIL spent 15k and we were estimating 42k (and other than open bar, all of our costs were incredibly reasonable in comparison with numerous vendors). We ended up having 50 because of covid and spent 22 ish (including our out of town dinner the night before). Our weddings were quite different in quality quite honestly but not in all aspects. She definitely lacked food, didn't set up tables for everyone, minimal decor, did florals through Costco (if you have someone to do it, it's awesome), I made the cake and her mother made other desserts... it was at a golf course but they were members so the cost was low (they didn't factor the membership cost).
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can find so many different numbers when it comes to costs but none of these numbers will mean anything to anyone without context. Some can only afford and be totally content with a $2000 wedding while others may demand nothing less than an extravagant and lavish affair and consider $100K to be "cheap."

In terms of pricing, there are so many variables. The number of guests affect the cost. The type of venue affect the cost. How many vendors you choose to hire affect the cost. All of these factors are personal so there's no one size fit all budget template.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics