Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Contact a venue after a visit?

Caroline, on November 2, 2021 at 12:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Alright, so I've never been involved in planning a wedding before, and i was never one of those little girls who had a 'dream wedding' planned, so i am in completely uncharted waters here. my fiancé and i visited our first venue this past Thursday, it was beautiful, the owners were great, its a top contender right now. we are visiting our last venue this coming Saturday.

my question, do i reach out to a venue after a visit just to show them we're still interested or if they can hold a date for us until we visit our last venue. is there protocol for this? i feel a little weird (and slightly anxious) about being silent until we (hopefully) make our decision this coming weekend after we visit our last venue (like what if we loose a preferred date, eep!).

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 16, 2021 at 11:59
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can inquire with the venue of your choice to put a hold on the date hold if possible by them since your interested in their location. I don't see anything wrong with this as it could get booked up easily and losing your hope on it. Also check out the last venue and if you change your mind to cancel the first one, let them know.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When you reached out to the venue and scheduled a visit, were your dates available or did you simply schedule a visit? You can certainly inquire about dates, there's no harm in that and some may hold a date based on that inquiry following a visit. But if others also express interest, they will take the first person who officially books.

There's usually more back and forth between you and the venue operators to discuss pricing options after the venue visit before you sign so if you haven't even looked into scheduling yet, you can wait until after this weekend when you have a more firm idea.

• Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just wait until you check out the last venue. if it's not what you like, then contact the venue you'd like to go with.

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely contact them and say exactly that.

We would like to place a hold on our date, we are very interested but want to fulfil our pre-booked appointment with another venue.

Is this alright?

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can absolutely email them and tell them exactly that... You're very interested but you do have one more venue to visit. With ours they held our date but if someone else were interested we'd have 24 hours to decide if to book or they can pass it to that couple.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi!

It really depends on what the venue offers. When I visited a few places in Alberta this past month (4) they all had on their website that if you are interested, contact after viewing to "hold the date" for a week while you make arrangements for the deposit, and of course while you check out their contracts, preferred vendors, etc. Of course - visiting that last venue just on a based what-if situation, but knowing you want the other one really helps too. This happened to my fiancé and I, we visited 1 and they had the everything we wanted and while we checked out two others during the week we asked to hold it and to see their list of vendors (ask this because sometimes their preferred vendors may be out of budget - therefore not being able to book with them if they say you have to book with one of these and there is no leeway) and everything just budgeted out perfectly. We are signing the contract and giving the deposit with our date still locked in.

There is no harm asking!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics